It's amazing how close UW and Utah are statistically

Viewing 0 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Playing a very similar schedule.  On paper this looks like a pickem game for sure.  But, I admit there are a few things I see in UW’s favor:

1.  The way the two teams played in their rivalry games last week.  UW dominated both sides of the ball and could have easily won by a larger margin.  I know it was played in a blizzard which favors UW.  But, UW dominated the line fo scrimmage.  Utah on the other hand had only 5 first downs at half and less than 100 yards.  It was a pathetic effort.  Yes, they came back an won.  But, that first half sticks in my mind.

2.  We will be missing our starting QB and RB while UW may be as healthy as they have been since playing Utah.  When Gaskins was out – they were not the same team (this hurt them with wins and losses and statistically).  Gaskins played well against us.  I do not believe like many of you that Shelley is a better QB than Huntley, but my biggest worry is at RB.  There is no way Shyne has the skills Moss has.

3.  Petersen has dominated KW.  We can spin it anyway you want, but it’s true.

I think Utah has a few advantages going into Friday:

1.  Our kicking game.  If we get inside the 40 – a field goal is almost a guarantee.  Our punting game should help us with field position.

2.  We are the underdogs and under KW, we seem to play our best games as the underdog.  We should be loose and UW may be a bit stressed.  They have already underachieved this season and need a win here to salvage anything.  A loss would be perceived as a total failure.  They thought they would be in the final four.  They have three losses.  A 4th would leave the players, coaches and fans extremely disappointed.

Go Utes!!!

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football It's amazing how close UW and Utah are statistically