It's starting to hit me that we play BYU next year….

Viewing 5 reply threads

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

… and that truly SUCKS.

Seriously.

I’m really starting to look at them as a small, hyper kid on the playground that’s running around trying to get into the kickball match, or play football or basketball with the bigger kids.

Annoying, little, loud, and a general pain in the ass.

I don’t WANT to play them any more.

Ugh.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Having grown up during the zoo’s best period of time, when they humiliated us every year, I love beating them. Hate them with a passion. Always will. That said it has been refreshing to not have to listen to or deal with any part of zoobdom since we haven’t been playing them. It has been very refreshing, making me think I’d like to see the games between the two schools end.

Byzoo can ride off into their independent sunset, into irrelevance, and never come back. They can take the “deseret duel” with them too.

Andy
      Ute Fan
      @phatmanandy

The thing that has me most worried about this game is our lack of experience that we will have going into that game. They will have Tanner who will have had a full year of Div I QB experience. We will have a QB that will have either played as safety or is a Juco. Plus we are losing Booker, Scott, a very large chunk of our defense. I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t feel too confident in that game next year.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Troy Williams has been lighting it up at Santa Monica College:

RECENT GAMES
      Oct 10 LA Harbor W, 61-36
      Oct 17 at West LA W, 48-21
      Oct 24 LA Valley W, 28-20
      Oct 31 LA Southwest W, 59-6
      Nov 7 at Santa Barbara W, 37-21
      Nov 14 LA Pierce W, 63-0

STATISTICS CATEGORY OVERALL CONF
      Completions 162 106
      Attempts 241 152
      Completion % 67.2% 69.7%
      Yards 2367 1425
      Yards per game 263.0 237.5
      Yards per attempt 9.8 9.4
      Touchdowns 24 14
      Interceptions 4 0
      Sacks 7 5
      Yards lost 44 31

If we had those type of stats from our QB this year, we’d still be in the CFP discussion. 24 TDs to just 4 INTs is quite impressive. 9.4 yards per attempt is also quite good. I’m sure he will keep Chase Hansen on defense.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Yes, and you should be scared because Tatum Mango is going to throw for 700 yards with 10 TDS and a perfect passer rating when they beat Utah at RES 70-0. You know, just like Jake Heaps, Nelson Reilly Nelson and “Glass Legs” Hill did… oh wait!

Don’t make fun of Baylor Ute fans, the Utes OOC for the next few years will be pathetic. You might have to even cheer for the TDS to win games just to boost the OOC schedule. I hated saying that.

KJU
      Ute Fan
      @kjute

I have started to call them the Harlem Globe Trotters. Just like how the HGT beat up on the Genrals, BYU beats up on inferior G5 teams. And just like the HGT is irrelevant in the NBA, BYU is irrelevant in College Football. They also are masters of breaking the rules like HGT. They alligator roll, Target, late hit etc.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football It's starting to hit me that we play BYU next year….