Jack Tuttle – Recruiting All Star

Viewing 2 reply threads

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

So apparently Jack Tuttle (our 2018 QB commit) played a major role in getting Bryan Thompson to commit to Utah for 2017. HOW COOL IS THAT????

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

Very excited for Jack Tuttle. 4 star QB recruit on 247.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I heard them talking about the new early signing thing that goes into place soon.  I think it was Sorensen who said Tuttle will most likely sign in December 2017 so he can be on campus early.  The new early signing policy is going to be great for schools like Utah but I think the larger schools will just adjust with it as well start to really go after kids early.  

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

The early signing period will be good to force the hand on some of these kids. For example, USC didn’t offer Tufele until two weeks ago. If there was an early signing period, Urban may force Tufele to sign in December if he wants a scholarship, USC hasn’t offered Tufele yet, and Tufele signs with Utah. 

OR

Tufele signs with USC in December, which takes a scholarship away from someone else or a 4 star kid gets angry that USC signed so many DT’s over him…it essentially gives you a time to go after what is left.

Also, if Tuttle signs early, then he can go after kids and try to get some late committs from their friends. 

I like the early signing period. I think it takes some power away from the large schools and gives smaller schools a better shot at high level talent they’ve scouted out and can prevent USC from poaching classes two weeks before signing day. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

Agreed it is going to be hell for some of these recruit evaluating sites as well. Makes you wonder if they start to assign stars even earlier now. Seemed like as soon as USC comes knocking they get 3-4 stars. It is great for Utah who already evaluates talent earlier better than a lot of schools.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jack Tuttle – Recruiting All Star