Jakob Poeltl traded to the Spurs as part of Kawhi deal

Viewing 4 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

It seems like Toronto is giving up a lot for a one year player who doesn’t want to be there.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Sounds like they are trying to blow it all up. Man I wish the Jazz would get Poeltl or Wright though. We need more capable backups at those two positions.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Wright would be soooo good next to Mitchell. 

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

You get Wright, Exum (if he learns to shoot), and Mitchell as an occasional hurry-up three guard line up and you could have something deadly.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I prefer Rubio to Exum. I don’t know about Exum at all. He really didn’t add value it felt like during that run to end the season. Neto felt like he added more value. 

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

Exum shut down Harden. His biggest value is perimeter defense. If he could get a midling offensive game he would be a really good player. Not a great starter, but certainly a great role player.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Harden had 41 and 32 his first two games. Paul and Capela were the guys the Jazz couldn’t stop though. 

ironman1315
                  Ute Fan
                  @ironman1315

Exum guarded Harden on 22 possesions in game 2. In those possessions, Harden was 0-7 with 2 points, had one assist and one turnover.

EagleMountainUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @battlegroundute

Yeah but how many turnovers and break downs did the Jazz have offensively?  He feels like an anchor at times. 

ironman1315
                      Ute Fan
                      @ironman1315

Which is hy I put a condition on it.

But, during the Houston series, Exum had a 99 offensive rating compared to netos 89 and turned the ball over 17% of the time (Ingles was at 21%). I’m not saying he is better than Rubio, but he’s got speed that Rubio doesn’t. Hence why the line-up would be limited and designed to wearout the other team as a hurry-up offense for a time.

EagleMountainUte
                        Ute Fan
                        @battlegroundute

Ingles was really sucky in that series. I felt like he suffered more than Mitchell did from not having Rubio. Mitchell just wore down because of what he was asked to do.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Danny Green is a great defender and the Raptors are hoping to convince Leonard to stay.  Big gamble, but they weren’t going to get over the hump without making a move like this.  Jakob now gets to go to a great system for his game.  If Pop stays it will help his career out quite a bit.

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

I would not touch Kawhi unless I knew he wanted to play for my team long term. Who is to say he doesn’t just sit out this next year in Toronto with an “injury.”

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Well I would want him to work out as well. I am wondering how good he is after this injury. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Love this trade Raptors figure they can maybe beat Celtics with him. Maybe they can. I don’t think so, who is there new coach?  

Poeltl is lucky to go to a great franchise. Even in rebuild mode the Spurs are my second favorite franchise if I had one. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Jakob Poeltl traded to the Spurs as part of Kawhi deal