JJ

Viewing 1 reply thread
      1 1

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

In past years when the Utes have had these types of teams (amazing defense with subpar QB and receivers) they always had a stud running back who would keep things interesting on offense.

I still say getting JJ back and healthy is much more important than who plays QB. Not that I’m certain he can be that back who carries the offense on his shoulders, but because I think he’s the only one with a chance to do so.

3 1

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Glover did great tonight but could use some help. I thought the only time he didn’t get everything he could out of a run was his long one. He turned to the sideline to take on a guy when it looked like there were more yards to be had if he’d kept vertical. Since that’s replay hindsight at best, I’ll defer to the kid who had the best view of the play.,,

When the line is getting blown up and the D doesn’t respect the pass, what is the back supposed to do? Oregon State had a great plan.

1 2

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

nah dude, he was going down easily most of the time.
        he is 3rd string for a reason.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Yes, he is 3rd string for a reason. He also played hard tonight and fought multiple tacklers damn near every time. Of all the things to complain about from that game, Glover doesn’t even register on my score sheet.

1 1

fosternano
            Ute Fan
            @fosternano

I agree, he played his heart out, but I think we saw his ceiling tonight. Utah has been spoiled with great running backs and depth in past years so it’s hard to watch.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.