Late night football thought of the day:

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

FBYU-P plays LSU, Utah, Miss St, and Wisconsin this year. Realistically, they shouldn’t win any of those games and any win would be a national suprise.

Utah plays Washington, USC, Stanford, Oregon, UCLA, etc. If Utah won any of those games, no one would be surprised. Hell, if Utah won all those games, the surprise would be mild. 

We are in a different league talent wise from where we were in 2010. It’s shocking, amazing and exciting. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Mild surprise is too weak. I say, moderate surprise.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

If Utah wins all those games they better be in the playoffs! Mild is understating it. An expected 6.5 win team would be a big surprise.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Utah has been in the top 11 the last two years. I don’t think anyone would be too surprised if Utah was back there again. 

Outside of Joe Williams and Patrick (and Patrick missed a lot of time last year) we bring back lost our skill players. 

We aren’t as bad as a lot think we will be.

1 1

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Utah didn’t have 16 NFL caliber players leaving each of the the last two years either. I don’t think Utah will be bad, but the national perception is Utah has had mild to medium 3* recruitting classes and just sent 16 players to the NFL. Beating all of Rosen, Darnold, Browning, Faulk, Stanford, Oregon, ASU, Arizona, and Colorado would be ridiculous from a national perception.

Our skill players returning are mehhh. Shyne and Moss showed flashes behind a very good run blocking OL. How will they do this year? Pass protection has been terrible for a couple years. SJSU, SUU, and even tds were often getting pressure on Williams last year when the OL was healthy. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

i thought it was pretty funny byu scheduled LSU as an opener…..and then went and snuck in a tune up game the week before last minute. Having an extra game under their belt will be a decent advantage against LSU and us

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I think BYU will get physically crushed by LSU. Then to get us the next week? Good luck. No FCS team will prepare them for that. If USC couldn’t handle it last year (Alabama, Stanford, Utah), BYU has no shot. 

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

Who would have guessed that BYU would beat Arizona, Michigan State, and Miss State last year?

Personally I never would have expected to see a BYU team physically manhandle a Michigan State team on the road.

It turns out that Arizona, Michigan State, and Miss State were all somewhere between mediocre and bad teams, but none of us saw that coming last year. The point is you can’t always assume a team is going to be good because of the conference they play in or their past success. As fun as it is to watch BYU lose, I’d like to see how these teams look before making any hasty predictions. College football is full of surprises.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Late night football thought of the day: