Lotulelei Scouting Report – bad work ethic, basically saying lazy / unmotivated

Viewing 4 reply threads
      4 1

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

“Scouts have serious concerns about Lotulelei’s love of football and overall work ethic. He was slow and sloppy this season and his quickness suffered badly because of it. Teams looking to draft him will have to be leaning on his 2015 or 2016 tape because he was a reject in 2017. If he doesn’t commit himself to the work it takes to be a pro, he will have a hard time sticking around.” – OUCH!!!!

“I was high on him before the year started but he was a major disappointment. He knew this was his year to play well and make money but he did nothing to get rid of all that excess weight and his tape wasn’t very good.” — AFC Director of College Scouting

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/lowell-lotulelei?id=32462018-0002-5598-15ae-f7cd99a2205a

“Effort appears to be optional for him on this year’s tape” -OUCH!!!!!!!!!

Didn’t Star have the same attitude until he started working as a furniture mover and realized if he’s going to do physical work, he might as well get paid…a lot more?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Kind of a disappointing end to him. I know it is a knock many people stereotypically like to say of Polynesian people. I don’t buy that at all as you see this in a lot of people across all races. 

Good luck to him in coaching and his future endeavors. 

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

that sort of thing is bound to happen to some guys in the polynesian culture. When you are poly, living in America, people expect you to play football. In Lowell’s situation, it was only multiplied because of Star. He probably felt like he didn’t have any choice but to play.

That being said, he must have been pretty darn talented to make it as far as he did without really giving damn about football.

4 2

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Have to question the coaching staff and their choices to continue playing him…

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Are we sure we aren’t piling on at this point? Lowell and Mokofisi were a great tandem for multiple years. Stevie T was great too. If you’re a coach with a guy that is good and two guys that are as good or better and they have an extra year to play, wouldn’t you start them?

Lowell started four years at Utah. That’s a grind. The NFL isn’t for everyone especially if you are worn out and don’t really care. I don’t know if we really need to go back and revise memories over performance at Utah. It seems a littke like piling on. They won games for us last year all through the bowl game. WV’s QB was taking hits all game.

One more point, if they were really intent on NFL, they should have declared early. You only get so many years with your body. We actually got the benefit of staying in school instead. I am completely comfortable with that.

Maybe there is a basis for discussion about what to change, but that’s already happened and I for one am not really qualified to critique Powell’s coaching. Coaching has already changed with Andersen on D line. Leki is going to be a monster and so are others. We’re fine.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

LL would have left in 2016 if not for injury to his shoulder from what I understood. That would have allowed Utah to keep Stevie T. Not piling on just wondering how things could have been different. Stevie T wreaked havoc in 2016(edit thanks Duhwayne) on the Pac and especially Utah. Where I don’t want to say things were worst but they didnt improve upfront under LL and Mokofisi. 

It is all what ifs and what could have possibly been. To see LL absolutely flake out makes you wonder about his effort the passed two seasons is all. 

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

I think the bigger issue is having that attitude in the locker room. Players see it. Scouts sure as hell noticed. Fans see it. How many recruits did?

Personally if kids were taking plays off to this level, they wouldn’t see the field. Hopefully Coach Anderson can correct it.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

The NFL scout said he was lazy IN GAMES! That stands out to me. I love Fotu. I’d rather have the guy going all out with less talent. Not saying that is Fotu, he’s a beast. But attitude spreads across the whole team.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Didn’t Stevie play at SC in 2016? I don’t remember. Maybe we’re counting years different?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

You are correct shoulder injury to LL was 2015 he rehabbed and didn’t regain full function until 2017 his senior season. He didn’t leave 2016 or 2015 because of the shoulder. 

I have felt the dline has been underperforming to expectations and health has been primarily the problem. Fitts never could stay 100 either. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Lotulelei Scouting Report – bad work ethic, basically saying lazy / unmotivated