Utah Tournament Success

Viewing 1 reply thread

Ted Lasso
      Ute Fan
      @tedlasso

I’ve noticed a lot of discussions here regarding the current state of your basketball team. Many of these complaints are valid, given the team’s struggles over the past few years. However, it’s worth noting that your team tends to perform well in tournaments whenever they qualify. Did you know that out of Utah’s 29 NCAA tournament appearances, they’ve only been eliminated in the first round 5 times, with a 38-32 overall record?

On the other hand, BYU has made the tournament 30 times but has been knocked out in the first round 15 times, with a 15-34 record in tournament play. While BYU may have had more success in the regular season in recent years, your team is able to win when it matters most. It is getting real old watching BYU consistently lose in the first round year after year.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Yeah… that’s like Utah fans whining about their football team’s bowl record though. At least they are playing in “meaningful” bowl games pretty much every year.

I don’t think we’ll ever get to see how successful Craig Smith is with Utah in the tourney. I don’t see how we get there next year, and if we don’t, he is gonzo.

Oh well, at least college basketball is torturous to watch most of the time anyway.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Utah Tournament Success