maybe the homeless shelter should be in Draper

Viewing 4 reply threads

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

http://www.sltrib.com/news/5081638-155/west-valley-city-rejects-homeless-shelter

The NIMBYism in this valley can be amazing at times.  Leave it the legislature to talk about local control and then yank it away as they have here Wonder if Greg Hughes would be banging on Herbie’s door if Draper was proposed to call a special session to repeal this law

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Still have unsold units in those City Creek Towers??

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

Now that is an idea!  turns some of those into low income housing units, the homeless get housed, City Creek gets a tax break, they are still near services etc.  You’re a damn Genius!!!

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

What would Jesus do?  What would Exxon do? What would Bank Of America do?

PorterRockwell
            Ute Fan
            @porterrockwell

why you gotta ask so damn many difficult questions?  if you’re not careful the Brethren may have dispense some Justice from Sam Colt 🙂

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I was just thinking that exact thing earlier as I watched the news reports on the shelter fiasco.

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

One would think that caveat about cities not being able to do anything about was put in there knowing/suspecting that SLCo would likely choose south salt lake or WVC and logistically they likely make sense but if SLCo had said hey let’s spread this out to Herriman or Draper or riverton et al they’d already be calling the special session to repeal the law

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

This has been a complete cluster on every level of government involved. Although, I think a better solution would be to create a subdivision out by the air port from 3d printed homes and put the homeless in them to give them a home, an address, and if need be give them a chance to get jobs to keep the area clean, run a local grocery store, and other jobs for those that can work and need it.

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

Agreed it had been and not one of them will say that

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

What they need to do is cut all the BS out and spend the money they have allotted to new sites on, get this, the actual homeless.  F**k, a milllion dollars will feed a lot of people for a lot of months.  Or better yet, help them help themselves, assuming they want to as I know some don’t.  

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics maybe the homeless shelter should be in Draper