Maybe we should look at the following scenario…

Viewing 8 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

If BYU beats USC and Oregon loses, Utah gets the Rose Bowl, then we play BYU for the Pac12 championship? (more)

Hate to admit the Pac12 hasn’t really had a great year this year, and sadly TSPP has benefitted. I’d love to “leave no doubt” with TSPP. Then we could say we’ve beat them every year we’ve played them since 2010.

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

Hard pass.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Personally I would love a re-match with them just to shut them up. I don’t want to be “that guy” but I truly do believe we would beat them today. They were the better team in September. We are the better team now. And it’s not just Rising. I think if Rising would have started against them in September, we probably still lose. It’s everything around Rising. Our O-Line is 100 times better. We know who our RB1 is and he isn’t turning the ball over. Our (very young) defense has figured things out. We’re just a different team today.

And before I get a bunch of Cougars mocking this post, I’ll say it again – you were the better team when we played you. Congrats. We still have 9/10 and are still playing for the Rose Bowl. That 1 loss doesn’t hurt my feelings, I promise.

1 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Wrong CATEGORY. Block 90 days. 

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

This would be nearly impossible for many reasons. First, contractual obligations, and second, no one wants to see a rematch in the Rose Bowl, especially not coog fans.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

This scenario is impossible, but even if it was… Nah. I’m good. BYU can suck it. Really looking forward to not playing them the next two years.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Some of you need your sarcasm meters adjusted.

No I don’t want to play them again, just a snarky observation of how poorly the P12 has been this year. And I’m sure Cougarboard is salivating over this. I get to poke them, AND rub it in that we are going to play for the Rose Bowl. 

Failed attempt at humor.

AZUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @azutefan

The joke is on them. They claim a PAC 12 championship which is odd because they brag about a Big XII affiliation and so if I understand correctly, they were winless in conference play. Independence Bowl against UAB sounds like an appropriate reward for a mythical conference champion.

UTE98
          Ute Fan
          @ute98

@AZUteFan you are the master, I need to learn from you. Sometimes these attempts at humor make sense in my own mind.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

BYU is playing in the Independence Bowl in Shreeveport, Louisiana, one week before Christmas. Their opponent will be a team from Conference USA, possibly Marshall or UTEP.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

Don’t be the hypothetical replay guy. That’s a delusional zoob move. They beat us. We take our lumps, learn our lessons and move on. Let them play in the pre-Christmas bowl and move on.

Can you call a conference without a blue chip program a Power conference? Isn’t that what G5 conferences are? Who’s pulling 5-star recruits in the new Big 12?

Reality is going to hit the Zoobs hard in the next few years. BYU won’t enter the football $$ arms race. Douche Smith can buy a few recruits here and there but at the end of the day no top tier non-LDS kid is ever going to consider BYU. At some point Kalani will realize the coach at Liberty is making 2x his salary with zero restrictions. It’s going to take them just as long as it took us to win in November.

My biggest worry is that we lose Covey to BYU when he starts coaching. I want Covey recruiting kids to Utah. I hope Kyle promises him a GA spot as soon as he’s done playing. After that make him the special teams coach until a position coaching spot opens up. That kid will be recruiting gold regardless of what he does in the NFL. 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Yep. What do you from a conference that loses their blue chips and adds a bunch of G5’s? A G5 conference. The only player to benefit more from covid than Bam, was Zach Wilson. Next year, TSPP will regress back to their normal 4-5 loss record. If Kalani is smart, he’ll leave now.

Extra Medium
          Ute Fan
          @runningreddude

He has 1 more year of a G5+ schedule before they join the Big 12 in 2023. There is no way this many high profile west coast jobs will be open next year. USC, UW, ASU (Herm’s getting canned) and WSU will keep the current interim coach. Unless he wants to wait for UCLA or Oregon he should jump ship. Stanford, OSU, Colorado, Utah, and U of A are locked down. Kalani shouldn’t go G5. He’s a hot commodity right now and should cash in. I’d say 5 year $27.5M deal to UW would get it done.  $5.25M a year makes him 3rd highest in the conference right above Whitt.  

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Maybe we should look at the following scenario…