Miserable Start

Viewing 6 reply threads

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

What a horrid start to the game….Miserable really.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Incredible that it’s still a game after only shooting 26.7 percent from the floor in the first half. For some reason, the Utes have a mental block when playing the Ducks and this isn’t a very good Oregon team. At least the fans showed up this afternoon.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I believe we are one for 10 from three. 

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

1 for 12 now…

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

What was a close game is going to end up a double digit Duck victory. Unbelievable…the Ducks got destroyed two days ago in Colorado but revive their season with a win in Utah. You’re not going to win many games shooting 36 percent from the floor and going 3 for 21 on threes. The Duck curse continues.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I’m really close to the floor and my take is that Oregon is playing with more desperation than Utah. Their season has not started the way they wanted and they’re very close to becoming irrelevant in the PAC. I’m also sure that they’re extremely motivated after getting destroyed in Colorado on Thursday.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Well, it’s obvious that Oregon isn’t as bad as their record and Utah isn’t as good as theirs. Every time that Utes made a run to cut it close, the Ducks responded with on of theirs to pull away. When you combine that with horrible shot selection and mediocre foul shooting, it all combines for a loss. Utah also has some sort of mental block against the basketball Ducks. Not sure why that is, but it’s been there since they entered the PAC.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Down 63-58 with the ball and the opportunity to cut it to a one possession game and what happens? You guessed it, unforced turnover. Could be the ballgame there.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Just looked it up…this century, the Ducks are 20-3 versus Utah.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Yeah Dana Altman is now like 20-1 or 20-2 vs. Utah. Screw him 

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

UO’s record is a little skewed by the fact they’ve played against the #2 SOS & dealing with a bunch of injuries, but definitely a game we should’ve won at home.

Let’s hope for a split in LA.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Not to take anything away from the Ducks, but the Utes shot 36 percent from the field, 14 percent from 3PT range, and 68 percent from free throws. There aren’t many Div I basketball teams you’re going to beat playing with that stat line. Not one Ute player played well, not one and once again, the Utes crapped the bed versus the basketball Ducks. And remember, this is a Duck team that lost at home to Utah Valley/UC-Irvine and by 27 points two days ago in Colorado. Oregon just has Utah’s number when it comes to basketball. There’s no other way to explain it.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.