More movement?

Viewing 5 reply threads
      4 3

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

Just throwing this out there, as a messenger. I know it is rumor but things seem to be moving faster now with CU gone. If this is even close to happening, we better get to the Big-12 ASAP.

More moves

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

Well this sucks.

I’ve been trying to be a P12 stan for a while now, but if this is true, I agree we 100% need to bail right now. There is no hope for a salvaged P12 without Oregon and Washington.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

I’m highly skeptical about the ACC schools. That GOR is super tight and they still have 13 years left on it. I saw a rumor that FSU might have a legal out, but that would take months, probably more than year or two of litigation. I just don’t see any way FSU gets out without having to pay an insane amount of money. Maybe they have two or three boosters who are all billionaires and willing to pay the hundreds of millions for them, but I doubt it.

S.CarolinaUte
        Ute Fan
        @s-carolinaute

Has been put out there that the buyout fee is 300 million. FSU has negotiated with ACC that they can pay that back with installment payments of $30 MILL over next 10 years. (Life of contract) 

FSU is thinking with what the Big10/SEC pays above what they will get from ACC deal next 10 years, they will come out ahead over time. 

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

This rumor has actually spurred my last thought / grasp at hope for the PAC12 (although it’s a pretty unlikely scenario that I don’t think will happen):

If Florida State and Clemson are leaving the ACC at the expense of 300 million per school, I’ve got to think there are power brokers involved in trying to get the ACC to dissolve instead so there is no exit fee. To dissolve the ACC, you need 8 ACC teams to all agree to dissolve.

If somehow klavikoff came up with something attractive enough to get 6 ACC schools beyond Clemson / Florida State to defect, perhaps he could create a new conference with 6-8 team divisions on each coast.

I don’t actually think this will happen, but I think it would be cool and would prefer this over going to the Big12 (even if Oregon / Washington are in the Big10), as we would still maintain conference connections to Stanford and Cal (which academically is a big deal).

But, I think these are just the ramblings of a sad desperate man that hopes his football team comes out ok in the conference realignment craziness.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

It wants me to read it on their app & I don’t want to download it….Brief summary?

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

Never mind.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I’ve seen other people say this too. Hope it’s not real and if so, I hope Pres. Randall has a plan.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

There’s absolutely zero chance that Randall doesn’t have a plan. And a plan b, plan c, and plan d. And sources who are actually in the know have alluded to this.

There’s way too much riding on conference affiliation for the university as a whole. I guarantee there were plans for every potential permutation laid out years ago.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 More movement?