HC – Whitt – as long as he wants

OC – Harding

QB – I like that Taylor idea. 

RB – Fred Whitt

TE – Harding

OL – New OL coach/Tim Davis

Keep the defense the same. 

ST – Whitt

I give full reigns to Harding. Taylor comes as only the OC becuase we were paying ARod and Erickson over $900,000 last year. Taylor gets PAID. Hell, throw $300,000 at Taylor and $600,000 at Tim Davis. Get Davis back, because…ass moves mass, amiright? 

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

I wish we could have witnessed Norm Chow with Wilson and Booker and Joe and Troy Williams. I still believe Utah needs to switch back from a spread to a power running game like Stanford and USC.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I used to be on the “pro style” offense bandwagon but I’m slowly hopping off for a couple reasons:

1 – I don’t think we will ever be able to recruit a QB good enough to run a pro style offense here at Utah. It’s one thing to recruit a kid to USC with the kid knowing he won’t play for 2-3 years. That will be a lot harder to do here at Utah. 

2 – Having a QB be a part of the run game changes the way defenses defend you. You make your offense exponentially harder to defend against. 

3 – There aren’t any kids that would come to Utah that play pro-style offenses in high school. 

4 – Having a mobile QB changes everything for you offensively. It changes the whole defensive philosophy. It opens the run game up. It opens the pass game up. It makes everything easier. 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Taylor was a high school coach until last year. They shouldn’t need to throw $300k to get him. But he may well be an excellent QB coach, as he showed with Gave Gubrud this year.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’ve heard some say he would only come here to be OC. My $300,000 quote was making a point that there are many reasons why he’d jump to be our QB coach. 

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Not sure I want a coach with 1 year of experience as co-OC at the college level (FCS at that) to be our OC. I would prefer Wyomings OC to that. But then again, that would be the most Whittingham thing to do.

Harding has significantly more experience already, and at the P5 level.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

My Google-fu is weak. Troy Taylor played QB at Cal and for the Jets in the early 90s, and coached at Colorado and Cal before his high school stint. He is much better than I gave him credit for. My bad, throw him the money and fix our damn offense!

Utemachine
      Ute Fan
      @utemachine

Honest question. The co-OC things has always bothered me. Why does Kyle go this route? It implies he can’t make up his mind at the OC position which would fit his 9 OC track record.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My coaching wants: