My dream 2019 season

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

In a perfect storm this is what would happen in 2019:

Moss averages 200 yards a game and wins the Heisman

Our defense hold teams to an average of less than 10 points a game

Our offense averages over 450 yards a game.

We go through the regular season undefeated – Our closest game is a two TD victory over UW.

We play undefeated Oregon for the Pac 12 championship.  We are ranked 2 and Oregon 3.

We beat Oregon 42-17

We get the number one seed in the playoffs

We beat Oklahoma by three touchdowns 

We play Alabama for the national championship and shut them out 24-0

Okay, I know this isn’t going to happen, but it’s fun to speculate.

I have been sipping the Kool-Aide.  I think the best case is a 10-2 regular season and a chance to play for the PAC 12 championship.  We can and hopefully will win that game and get into the Rose Bowl.

I love our defense.  We may have 7-8 guys taken in the NFL draft in 2020.  Our offense is a different story.  We have an experienced senior QB and a great RB.  We have solid tight ends and average P5 wide receivers.  They could prove to be better than average, but in no way are we looking at a stable of NFL caliber wideouts.  The offensive line is the key.  Some seem to think we will be okay and I hope they are indeed right.

Go Utes!!!

4 4

whitlessham
      Ute Fan
      @whitelssham

We get a top 15 recruiting class!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

That does sound nice. I just dream for health. Utah stays healthy 1-11 for the most part on the offense and your wildest dreams come true.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

love it but it’s almost zoobish….

3 1

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

Almost?

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Agreed, very zoobish.  But, the difference is that I totally understand that this is not going to happen and I say so in the post.  We are NOT Alabama or Clemson.  I suspect they would both take us to the woodshed.

ayoriver
      Ute Fan
      @ayoriver

Even a wildest dream that has Tua and J Jeudy putting up zero can’t be taken seriously. If they only score two touchdowns, that’s a wet dream scenario. Have you watched that AB practice video where Huntley was throwing? Jeudy is ridiculous!

1 1

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

No, it is not going to happen.  In fact, I believe we would have a very difficult time staying within 20 points if we played Alabama or Clemson.  They are two teams which are in a league of their own right now.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My dream 2019 season