My dream 2019 season

ProudUte
    Ute Fan
    @proudute

In a perfect storm this is what would happen in 2019:

Moss averages 200 yards a game and wins the Heisman

Our defense hold teams to an average of less than 10 points a game

Our offense averages over 450 yards a game.

We go through the regular season undefeated – Our closest game is a two TD victory over UW.

We play undefeated Oregon for the Pac 12 championship.  We are ranked 2 and Oregon 3.

We beat Oregon 42-17

We get the number one seed in the playoffs

We beat Oklahoma by three touchdowns 

We play Alabama for the national championship and shut them out 24-0

Okay, I know this isn’t going to happen, but it’s fun to speculate.

I have been sipping the Kool-Aide.  I think the best case is a 10-2 regular season and a chance to play for the PAC 12 championship.  We can and hopefully will win that game and get into the Rose Bowl.

I love our defense.  We may have 7-8 guys taken in the NFL draft in 2020.  Our offense is a different story.  We have an experienced senior QB and a great RB.  We have solid tight ends and average P5 wide receivers.  They could prove to be better than average, but in no way are we looking at a stable of NFL caliber wideouts.  The offensive line is the key.  Some seem to think we will be okay and I hope they are indeed right.

Go Utes!!!

4 4

whitlessham
    Ute Fan
    @whitelssham

We get a top 15 recruiting class!

BattleGroundUte
    Ute Fan
    @battlegroundute

That does sound nice. I just dream for health. Utah stays healthy 1-11 for the most part on the offense and your wildest dreams come true.

oc_ute
    Ute Fan
    @ocute

love it but it’s almost zoobish….

3 1

whitlessham
      Ute Fan
      @whitelssham

Almost?

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Agreed, very zoobish.  But, the difference is that I totally understand that this is not going to happen and I say so in the post.  We are NOT Alabama or Clemson.  I suspect they would both take us to the woodshed.

ayoriver
    Ute Fan
    @ayoriver

Even a wildest dream that has Tua and J Jeudy putting up zero can’t be taken seriously. If they only score two touchdowns, that’s a wet dream scenario. Have you watched that AB practice video where Huntley was throwing? Jeudy is ridiculous!

1 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

No, it is not going to happen.  In fact, I believe we would have a very difficult time staying within 20 points if we played Alabama or Clemson.  They are two teams which are in a league of their own right now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Utah Utes Message Board Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My dream 2019 season

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ProudUte 3 weeks ago.