My excitement for this season is different

Viewing 2 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Last season it was excitement purely to have football back (and Michigan game one). This year its deeper. I dont know about you guys, but i ended last season almost worn out. Watching an offense that struggles that much to move the ball is freaking exhausting, even more so when you are fighting to a divisional champ and a big time bowl game, and every yard counts. 3rd and 6 is actual hell because you know a slant for 4 yards is coming.

Im not saying our offense will be “good” this year, but I do think it will be better. Contrary to popular belief, I think we have a lot of talent at WR, I think Mccormick coming back will make us much more versatile and will be a HUGE added weapon (along with Fulks). I have no idea what to expect from TW yet, and while im sure he will bring his own set of issues and problems, I REALLY have a hard time seeing our throw game being as bad, or, more importantly, limited as it was last year. I expect a much more unpredictable and dynamic offense this year. Whether its to an average or better level is impossible to predict, but that unknown (and very high ceiling, imo) makes the excitement for this season damn  near unbearable.

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

I predict that this year’s TW will be better than last year’s TW.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

I predict he’s better in areas, and worse in others. Hopefully he has Travis’ dog in him

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

P5 CFB is extremely competitive. No wins are guaranteed. That being said, operating in a position where being mediocre on one side of ball will lead to great/top results isn’t a bad position to be in. Oregon ran on the same philosophy to great success – and probably still does even with Hoke as the new hire to bring in a legit defense. No easy wins this year but I’m optimistic.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

I fully expect our defense to take a step, or leap, backwards if our offense improves. Because why the hell wouldnt it?

If im being serious, our linebackers scare the s#(@ out of me and im hesitant to buy into our d until I see what we have there

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My excitement for this season is different