My thoughts from watching the highlights of the game

Viewing 1 reply thread
      5 2

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

and listening to most of it on the radio.

Nate throws a really nice ball on out to the flat. That is a throw that Rising has struggled with, and is difficult for many QBs. Nate throws it right where it needs to be for the receiver to catch in stride and keep running. In general I think he throws a catchable ball.

Our defense has a really bright future. Barton, Fano, Tao Johnson, Smith Snowden, Vaki, Ritchie, Pepa… Our defense is going to be dang good over the next several years. Studs at every position group.

I think Whitt said we had 15-16 guys out today that would have been playing had they been healthy, that is absolutely bonkers. For all of you complaining about how our team performed, I hope you realize that we are playing with basically half a team right now.

Also, for those of you whining about QB development: Looks to me like they’ve done a fine job with Johnson, just like they did with Rising, and Huntley before that. Sure, they could work on their transition from one guy to the next, but we know for sure that Johnson is at least good enough to help us compete in the Big 12.

Glover is doing better, but I’m still not sold on him. He just doesn’t seem to be running with passion. When a great running back has the ball, you can feel the electricity in the air. He doesn’t have that yet.

4 2

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

we should dominate and score more even with all of the first team out.
      24 offensive points against weber state is less than good.

DrahtUte
        Ute Fan
        @drahtute

I’m not that worked up about the offense only scoring 24 points.

I think we all were hoping the Utes would use the game to work on Nate’s passing but it felt like Kyle went the opposite direction and decided to just use the game to try to solidify the run game. It looked like they especially wanted to see what it looked like to call a bunch of QB draws with Nate.

I think they decided to just get this game over with. I’ll bet Ludwig had a list of plays he wanted to run through and never deviated from it regardless of whatever Weber was doing.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My thoughts from watching the highlights of the game