My thoughts so far:

Viewing 1 reply thread

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Now, this will change as more information is gained, but from what I’ve seen so far: 

QB: Troy is our starter as of right now. He makes quick decisions, has been the most accurate, and when he runs the ball, he runs very, very well. He is a different runner than last year. Huntley has so much freaking potential. He looked great practice one (in the sun) and terrible in the rain. Huntley has so much potential. Bateman is tough to gauge. He looks really, really good in drills, but doesn’t really get any reps with the ones and twos and looks average when he gets his four plays a practice with the threes and the DL eats up the OL. 

RB: Moss was outstanding the one practice he was in. Big, fast, great hands, quick feet. He will step into the RB role nicely. DHC looks very good as well. If DHC is our third back, then we will be just fine at RB. 

TE: Seeing how all of our TE’s are hurt…that being said, we use them a lot. We line them up all over the place. 

WR: This is a question mark. Hampton looked amazing practice one. Terrible practice two. Nacua looks really good. Wilson is our next Dres, Scott, Patrick. Wilson will be our #1. Singleton makes three great plays, one bad play. If Singleton reaches his potential, he will be great as well. Simpkins is solid. There is potential there, but still too many drops. IF we can learn to hang onto the ball, there is potential there. If not…then same old, same old. 

As for the rest of the team: 

I don’t know. I haven’t watched them. 

Except the DB’s, I see them a little with WR drills. 

Smith: He has so much potential. It’s awesome. He still makes mistakes, but he is a better McGill/Rowe. It’s so fun. He has the look of another Smith….

Ballard: Everyone is talking about Ballard. He isn’t Marcus Williams…but we won’t take a big step back either there. When he gets in shape…he will be a huge help for us. He is everywhere, Interceptions, tackles, etc. They are able to line Hansen and Ballard up as LB’ers when needed as well. 

Blackmon: I know that Johnson, Guidry, and Lewis will get opportunities to start, but Blackmon is doing everything he can to keep them on the sidelines. He is developing nicely. IF someone takes his job from him, then they are really good. 

Fogal: Solid. Having him as our third safety is a great thing. 

Hansen: Enjoy him. He will be gone this time next year. First round potential. So big and fast. His coverage skills are getting better. He will be amazing for us this year. Between him getting better and Ballard, our safeties will be on par with last year.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Great stuff! Thanks

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My thoughts so far: