Nacho Grande and smothered burrito at La Puente

Viewing 2 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Holy cheese and smothered messy goodness. The wife and I went to the La Puente at Union Heights tonight and brought home a ton of leftovers for under $20. We could have easily both ate one entree and still brought home leftovers. I could not believe how big the Nacho Grande is for $10. Yes it felt good to help a local business, but they impressed too. I left a 30% tip for their efforts and I regret that I didn’t leave 50% or better, damn. Thought I would pass along the good word. They were not very busy for a Friday night but the upside is we got in fast and were seated without wait.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

My first date with my wife was at the La Puente on State that burned down. I still love their cheese enchiladas on Flautas. I used to be able to eat 3 and drink beer too. Now if I get two, I have to take home leftovers. Ah youth.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

best post ever.  I thought I was the only person that just loves those places.

the most tender and least expensive ribs can be found there.    With the thick tortillas. So good!!!

And that yummy salsa…hot in!  Hot out!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

La Frontera and La Puente used to toally kick ass.  They’ve all gone downhill over the last few years. I go Red Iguana. 

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Secret take home strategy at Red Iguana: buy a pint of their mole amarillo to go. Then dip a grilled cheese sandwich in it at home. Trust me. An ultimate comfort food!

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Oooh.  I have a pint in the freezer. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Nacho Grande and smothered burrito at La Puente