New to the board

Viewing 5 reply threads

HoosierinUt
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierinut

Hello everyone – I am “hoosier in UT”. I am a born and raised Hoosier that has been living in Utah for the last several years (work brought me to Utah). I am a college basketball fan first, football second. Been a season ticket holder for the Utes for the last 4 years. Looking forward to some fun conversations. I am a fan of coach K and think he has done a solid job this year simply due to the fact that we have so many new faces. I think Barefield is just scratching the surface to what he can do here (as long as the other players are ready for his passes) and that Daniels has the chance to be special. I think Kuzma could have a monster senior year if he can bring consistency to his effort (I believe we have seen the same inconsistencies with Kuzma and Bonam this year – not sure what’s gong on behind the scenes).

I’m not disappointed with an NIT trip (if that’s where we end up) because this team could get some decent run in that tourney and face some historically big name schools (which like it or not does still hold weight in the eyes of the media). I think a strong run in the NIT is better than a one-and-out run in the NCAA for this particular team.

Not quite sure what our problem is in-bounding the ball though ;-0

Anyways – wanted to introduce myself!

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

Welcome aboard!!!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Welcome to UteHub! If you need help check out https://www.utehub.com/help or send me a note. Looking forward to hearing your perspecitve on the Utes!

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Welcome! It’s always good to see an “outsiders” view on this team. It lends perspective to the board. 

I would rather be a one and done team than a deep NIT run team though. 

HoosierinUt
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierinut

I would rather be a one and done team than a deep NIT run team though.

95% of the time I would agree with your position, but for this team and the limitless amounts of inconsistencies this year I think they need as much floor time as they can get. One and done in the NCAA wouldn’t provide much other than the opportunity to be on the big stage (which is certainly a learning tool as well).

I guess it depends on which team shows up…….if they start playing like they did against UCLA and Cal (both at home tho) then it would be fun to watch them in the NCAA tourney. But if they play like they did yesterday for the first half or like they have multiple times this year (simply just going through the motions) then I am not sure they would learn much if anything in the NCAA tourney.

I blame most of the inconsistent play on the two leaders, Kuzma and Bonam. No question about how explosive they can both be when they want to be…but damn if there aren’t games where both completely disappear. Coach K has yanked both of them out of games for that very reason. Again – not sure whats producing it for Kuzma. It seems at times that Bonam is letting Barefield steal the spotlight (pay attention to how often Barefield handles the ball – especially when the D is 3/4 to full court D) compared to Bonam….and usually when Barefield has the ball his passes aren’t going to Bonam.

Stradlater
        Ute Fan
        @stradlater

Interesting about Barefield not passing to Bonam. I’m going to watch for that. After that last game it would be harder to freeze out Bonam.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Man, great points. Keep it up. 

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

Are you Bizarro-me?  (Born and raised in Utah, living in Indy for last 8 years).  Welcome to the board!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.