Not so off the wall predicton: Spurrier to Utah as an assistant

Viewing 5 reply threads

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Kyle has mentioned that he is friends with Spurrier. I think they became close on the Under Armour retreats. Kyle said something about it during a coaches show our 1st year in the Pac-12.

Spurrier was at Florida while Erickson was at Miami. There may be a connection there, or they may hate each other, who knows.

The way Kyle has set up an old folk coaches retirement community, I can see Spurrier hopping on as a QB coach and enjoying the good life with Dennis and John.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by 89ute.

mokus
      Ute Fan
      @mokus

“old folk coaches retirement community”

That made me chuckle. I like that idea.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

Apparently coaches like it too.

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

Kyle, Erickson, Pease, Spurrier, and then we really get after it and bring in Granny Holtz.

Astute Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tstruct

I don’t care what anyone says, as long as Coach Erickson keeps pulling recruits out of Florida he can stay here as long as he wants. If Spurrier was here that would probably double up our south recruiting progression.

Red Don
      Ute Fan
      @reddon

Would be nice but have to disagree. It’s pretty far off the wall.😄

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

The 1st shoe has dropped.

GadValleyUte
        Ute Fan
        @maximumkungfu

Can’t wait for Spurrier and then Granny Holtz to show up. In all honesty Spurrier coaching QBs and Erickson coaching RBs would be amazing. Maybe we could put together a consistent passing attack.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Not so off the wall predicton: Spurrier to Utah as an assistant