Okay, I changed my mind. HERE's what the rule should be re: FCS vs. FBS games..

Viewing 3 reply threads

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

FBS teams should not be allowed to schedule a FCS team during the fall schedule.  However, each FBS team would be allowed–nay, encouraged–to play a FCS team at the conclusion of spring camp each year.  This optional game would be in lieu of the team’s normal public spring game.  

So instead of a Red-White game at the end of spring, we would host Weber State or someone else in a 60-minute game with normal rules.  I imagine there’d be enough demand for the school to sell tickets, run concessions, etc.  Receipts could be shared with the FCS team as a payout to make it worth their while.  The game wouldn’t count in either team’s win/loss record, so a loss by a FBS team may be considered forgivable to some extent.  On the other hand, a FCS victory would help generate some excitement for that team heading into the summer.

Now how does that sound?

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Nay on the spring game.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

taking away the potential for games like Appalachian State Vs Michigan or NDSU vs Iowa does not make college football better.

Also you view this form the perspective of a P5 fan, but the FCS school’s fans seem to enjoy playing these games and the chance to visit schools like Utah.

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

Think of this as a way to improve the Spring Game.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I don’t know if I like the taking away fall FCS games, but I LOVE the spring game idea. That would be a blast. 

LMSUte
      Ute Fan
      @lmsute

I love it. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Okay, I changed my mind. HERE's what the rule should be re: FCS vs. FBS games..