Oregon Game comments before sleepy time

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It’s midnight. Just got back. That sucked balls.  WTF was our offensive gameplan?  Oregon has the best defense we’ve faced this year, and probably will face.  Brooks is a spoiled brat, who is good.  The refs were effing awful. Some fouls were absolute BS mysteries and the jump ball with Collette I was looking RIGHT AT THE BALL and the Oregon guy may have grazed the ball with a hair on his pinky. 

CU tomorrow. GO UTES.

Minnesota Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minnesotaute

We have lost to #7, #8, #10, #11, and #24.  And I would wager #10 will be top 5 by season’s end.  Unfortunately we play them twice.  Wish we had a second shot at UCLA, they were our best shot for a marquee win.

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

As I said above I just felt like they were over thinking things. When Bonham, Daniels, Kuz, etc. lowered their heads and drove they got to the rim every time. But we walked it up court against that soft press sooooo slow it was agonizing then we’d cross half court and struggle to get into our offense because we were taking forever to read the defense. 

I may be the biggest homer in the world but officiating was not good to say the least last night. 

Skywalker11
      Ute Fan
      @skywalker11

fouls were utah-18, oregon-17. Oregon actually had more fouls than utah before utah started to intentionally foul at the end. the fouls on utah arguably helped the utes, in that oregon was shooting horribly from the line.

the refs were terrible, but they were terrible for both teams.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

With about 8 min left in the first half Oregon had zero fouls. I can’t remember when they got their first one, but the audience did a standing ovation when that happened.

The officiating was (and has been this season) terrible. The mystery jump ball was unreal. And how about the foul call by the ref at half-court on a layup, when there was a ref standing next to the play who saw nothing?

Skywalker11
      Ute Fan
      @skywalker11

regardless, it was the correct call, it was 5 feet infront of me i think it was daniels or zamora who crossed dylans body/arms before getting the ball, on that particular call, ennis went to the line and went 1-1, There were terrible calls but none were exactly game changers. there was a call on dylan ennis where he had the inside lane for a rebound, grabs it and they called him for going over rawsons back.

When oregon did get their first call of the half, it was 9 minutes into the game. at that point, utah only had 3 fouls, so the foul count was 3-1. thats not exactly that egregious tbh. foul count at the half was 7-7 utah didnt record their first foul until 6 minutes into the game (only 3 minutes before oregons first foul that received a standing O)

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Oregon Game comments before sleepy time