Oregon Perspective

Viewing 2 reply threads

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Went to the game with 3 local diehard duck fans…great experience, great game and obviously tempered excitement for what comes next for the Utes but after the game one of these guys starts talking about how he can relax now and not stress the rest of the year. Just enjoy college football.

It hit me that the pressure that these top P5 programs deal with is absolutely crazy…national championships or bust…players, coaches AND fans. They’re done…failed in the quest to return to the NC game and similar to the TDS their season is over after 4 weeks (granted it took 2 duck losses). These guys live that every year…not the same BS we hear from Provo at the start of every season…these expectations are real not a bunch of fantasy crap.

I’m sure it’s the same way at the 8-10 other programs across the country that expect to compete every year but honestly before the Pac12 our dreams have been pipe dreams for so long (with some great times along the way) and are now real and actually possible. All that means is that we have a s**t ton of stress to look forward to as we hopefully continue to get better!

I live and die with this program…no doubt more than I should but it also brings me so much excitement and fun. Thinking about what the future holds…the opportunities at special seasons that will come because of where we sit today. How soon before we see our whole season go down the s**tter with a single loss…don’t answer that for a few weeks at least!! All in or in the way!! Go Utes!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Nice post. Thanks for writing it. GO UTES!

Invite your pals to come here and post too!

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

The beauty of being in the PAC 12 is your season isn’t really down the s**tter unless you aren’t bowl eligible.

Now, when the Utes become perennial contenders for the PAC 12 championship, my paradigm may shift. 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Oregon Perspective