Pac 12 Championship Tix

Viewing 3 reply threads

Parach-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @parach-ute

I know this topic has been discussed on here and I’m sorry to repeat. I attended the Pac 12 Championship last year and bought my tix early through the Pac 12 website. I didn’t pay through the nose but I didn’t think I got a great deal either. The stadium wasn’t near filled even though Utah represented well. This year, I have yet to purchase tix and am considering waiting and purchasing from a scalper an hour or so before kickoff. Thoughts on this or anyone who did this last year would be appreciated. Thanks!

MineralUte
      Ute Fan
      @mineralute

Last year I bought a single ticket on stubhub maybe an hour before the game for less than $20, then sat in an empty seat on the 45 yard line in the lower bowl. A lot of lower bowl tickets are given to sponsors, who pass the tickets on to employees. The employees don’t want to attend (especially this year considering it’s supposed to rain nearly an inch Friday) and will resell on stubhub for cheap.

So wait until an hour before and you should get in for cheap.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

My friend went last year. Walked up to the game and paid like ten bucks day of. It is Friday night at Levis stadium.  Oregon fans I doubt are goin to travel to this don’t worry about getting tickets. 

Swoop Doggy Dogg
      Ute Fan
      @swoopdoggydogg

This wasn’t at the PAC 12 Championship Game, but I have bought scalped tickets before and got a really good deal. I literally waited until the event started before I started looking and they were dropping their ticket prices quickly. Have tried that method at a Utah game with no luck. They were firm on price.

Flip side is that now there are good counterfeiters, especially in big cities. Even with e-tickets. Makes me more apprehensive. I haven’t heard anything specifically about Levi’s Stadium and area. But always would be a thought in back of my mind. Sometimes paying a little more is worth peace of mind.

Another factor is that scalping is a business market. They know this game isn’t in high demand. It won’t sell out or even be close, again. Not sure how that changes the secondary market.

I also feel that bigger entities like bowl commissioners, TV executives, etc look at ticket sells and ratings to consider extending future invitations. Like it or not, we’ve entered the big leagues and it’s a pay to play model in some instances, not completely a playoff type scenario like the NFL which is 100% merit based.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Nowadays go with the online brokers — there are fees but also gaurantees that the tickets are real.  I use SeatGeek, but StubHub and VividSeats also have such guarantees.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Pac 12 Championship Tix