Pac-12 Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2017

Viewing 3 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Athlon Sports

Mostly like what was said except for this guy…

“Everyone talks about how good they are up front (on defense), but I thought we had a harder time playing against some other teams in the league.”

Anyone want to guess who it keep be?

shakeitsugaree
      Ute Fan
      @shakeitsugaree

Could be RichRod; they always gash us for 300+ rushing.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

That was the first name that came to my mind and for the same reason.
        The second name that comes to mind is Graham just because he seems like a DB that would say something like that despite our front 7 taking up residence in his backfield last year.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I hope it wasn’t Graham. Didn’t we have like 10 sacks that game? 

I’d guess it was either Petersen or Helfriech. I know Petersen is the golden child of college who can do no wrong, but I could see him being a condescending douche when everything is anonymous. 

Also, Oregon destroyed us on the ground last year. 

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

Couldn’t have been Helfrich. The comments come from coaches of the teams we play this year.

Petersen could be another good guess. His BSU teams dominated us and it doesn’t seem like our DL has played up to their usual level against his Washington teams, though I could just be misremembering. 

shakeitsugaree
              Ute Fan
              @shakeitsugaree

I also thought it could be Leach – last time we played them, it didn’t seem like we got much pressure on Faulk.

mfaulk80
                Ute Fan
                @mfaulk80

Yeah, but Leach and Kyle are very good friends.  He very well may have said that anonymously, but I’d be surprised…

shakeitsugaree
                  Ute Fan
                  @shakeitsugaree

Leach and Kyle are very good friends

Had not heard that before – do you have a source for this? Not challenging you, just curious.

Also, I didn’t read the quote as being derogatory or negative – I don’t think whoever said this doesn’t respect Utah or Kyle or the program. I think they were just stating that their team had better success against the DLine then they were expecting. And, there have been games where we can’t get pressure, stop a particular RB, etc – doesn’t negate that overall, Utah is #1 in the conference against the run: Pac12 Rushing Defense 2016

UteThunder
                    Ute Fan
                    @utethunder

During Pac-12 Media Days one of the local TV stations was interviewing Leach and he said that Kyle and him were good friends. Mentioned they were at BYU at the same time, though he didn’t know him during that time, they know a lot of the same people and he and Kyle and both of their wives share a lot in common due to being there at the same time.

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

I’d think Graham or RichRod but likely RichRod.  

baller
      Ute Fan
      @c-monster

i think it’s really hard to guess as it could have been an assistant coach. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Pac-12 Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2017