PAC-12 Week 9

Viewing 1 reply thread

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

So, instead of spending time with my kids, I’m doing this.

Standings coming into this week:

#07 Stanford 5-1 (5-0) [8,6,6,4,4,4,4,8]
      #20 Oregon 5-2 (3-1) [20,18,NR,NR,NR,NR,25,25,23]
      #21 WSU 5-2 (2-2) [NR,NR,25,23,23,13,18,24]
      Washington 4-3 (1-3) [17,17,16,16,NR,NR,NR]
      Cal 3-3 (1-3) [NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR]
      OSU 1-6 (0-4) [NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR]

#6 Utah 8-0 (5-0) [NR,NR,NR,24,15,15,13,7]
      #25 UCLA 5-3 (3-2) [22,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,19]
      USC 4-3 (3-2) [12,15,13,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR]
      ASU 5-3 (2-3) [NR,NR,NR,NR,25,NR,NR,NR]
      Arizona 4-3 (1-3) [NR,NR,NR,NR,18,NR,NR,NR]
      Colorado 3-5 (1-4) [NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR]

The games:

Cal @ USC – USC is starting to roll. After their brutal schedule to begin the year, things have eased up and they are hitting their stride. Gustin and Masina are breaking Utah fans’ hearts as they are becoming stars. USC is getting their identity back as a tough defensive, tough running team. Their QB is not making mistakes. Imagine Utah, but with better athletes. lol. Cal, on the other hand, probably doesn’t win a game the rest of the season. This game begins the end of the Dykes era in Cal. They still haven’t recovered from the Tom Holmoe. USC wins 45-10.

Stanford @ Arizona – Stanford’s QB is starting to settle and Stanford’s schedule his lightened up significantly. Arizona’s defense isn’t deep enough and can’t handle the physicality of Stanford’s run game. Another Utahn, Dalton Shultz has a breakout game for Stanford and scores 3 TD’s. 49-7.

ASU @ Oregon – Oregon is starting to roll. Their defense is improving and the hype is building. ASU fans feel that if they can win, they can still win the south. It’s an offensive display…#PAC-12AfterDark. The game goes to OT, and Oregon’s defense finally steps up with a pick six to win it. Oregon 44-38.

Washington @ Utah – In reality, Utah has four games that are “losable”: USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon. The scheduling Gods smiled down on Utah by giving them USC after USC has to play Alabama and Stanford. They gently caressed Utah’s cheek by giving them UCLA having played 7 straight weeks and 6 P5 schools and a bye the following week. UCLA may be looking more at their time off then their game plan. They gently kissed Utah’s forehead by giving them Oregon after Oregon just finished playing USC and Stanford with the rivalry game vs OSU the following week.

Utah’s only “bad” scheduled game is the Washington game. This is Utah’s ninth game in a row. They had UCLA the week before. Washington had a bye then OSU.

BUT, Washington has regretted not keeping Williams. Jake Browning does what 99% of QB’s do…revert back to the mean. He is an average QB in an amazing conference. Utah’s CB’s are too much and Hansen lays a hard hit on Ross and he can’t make a catch after that. Utah loads the box and Luafatasaga has a break out game.

Oh, and Troy Williams. He ends up with 300+ total yards. This is the first time he really uses his legs this year. He ends up with 250 yards passing and 75 yards rushing and 3 TD’s. Much like how Utah gave Washington one of their worst losses last year, we do it again. 45-21 Utah.

WSU @ OSU – I feel bad doing these with Andersen. I love that guy. But his team is bad. And Falk is rolling. 48-6.

I’m way too high on Utah in all this. In reality, I think Utah hits this point with one loss if they beat USC. Two losses if they lose to USC.

Standings after week 9:

#05 Stanford 6-1 (6-0) [8,6,6,4,4,4,4,8,7]
      #15 Oregon 6-2 (4-1) [20,18,NR,NR,NR,NR,25,25,23,20]
      #19 WSU 6-2 (3-2) [NR,NR,25,23,23,13,18,24,21]
      Washington 4-4 (1-4) [17,17,16,16,NR,NR,NR,NR]
      Cal 3-5 (1-5) [NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR]
      OSU 1-7 (0-5) [NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR]

#3 Utah 9-0 (6-0) [NR,NR,NR,24,15,15,13,7,6]
      USC 5-3 (4-2) [12,15,13,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR]
      #23 UCLA 5-3 (3-2) [22,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,19,25]
      ASU 5-4 (2-4) [NR,NR,NR,NR,25,NR,NR,NR,NR]
      Arizona 4-4 (1-4) [NR,NR,NR,NR,18,NR,NR,NR,NR]
      Colorado 3-5 (1-4) [NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR,NR]

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I really like reading these scenarios. Even if they go differently in my head. Perhaps that’s why?

I think he UW game is going to be a low scoring slug fest. Something similar to the Michigan game last year maybe.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

Also, for what its worth I think we find a new cellar dweller in the South this year. I don’t think Colorado finishes 6th.

Tacoma Ute
          Ute Fan
          @tacomaute

Oh oh. We have enough trouble with them when they’re in 6th. I think you might be right though.

Also, as far as the whole PAC is concerned I think OSU is dead last by a large margin. They’d struggle in a G5 conference. Poor GA.

Wilson’s Mustache
            Ute Fan
            @sigmaute

I think their game against Minnesota will be a good show as to how good they are, but I agree. I don’t think they can make that big of a jump from last year to this year. Not in this conference.

It just feels like Arizona or ASU is going to have a really rough season. Colorado has been so close to putting it together & continue to improve every year. I think with Sefo Liufau, Colorado can beat some teams this year. (hopefully not Utah).

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I can’t read your response for some reason on my phone Tacoma.

Tacoma Ute
              Ute Fan
              @tacomaute

I can’t either. It must’ve disappeared into the ether. 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football PAC-12 Week 9