Per McMurphy, B12 goal is still all four corners

Viewing 1 reply thread
      4 3

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

U of A met with Yormark at the Final Four, and their leadership statements have mirrored CU’s. So, they are good as gone. UW and UO have been pre-vetted for B1G membership and they’ll accept an invite the second it is floated their way. So, I can’t see either of them locking into a B12 GOR in the near future.
      Time to find out if our leadership is truly committed to some HS Musical “we’re all in this together” mantra, or if we’ve positioned ourselves to take our spot on the liferaft.
      Big 12 Four Corners

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Then there is this from Heather Dinich:

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

That could be a “bluff”.  The Big 12 knows that if they can get one more Pac-12 school to join, the Pac-12 will be destabilized, and can still take the other 2.  But if the remaining 3 schools still think we can wait out the new deal, they have no leverage.  So all they have to do is say, “one more, and done”, and UU, UA, and ASU will be looking over their shoulders thinking, if I don’t jump now, one of the other 2 will, and it’ll be too late.

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

This is exactly what is happening. Saying they’ll only take one more is a pressure tactic. I think the Big12 is prepared to take up to 6 Pac schools. If the ACC GOR wasn’t so long, they would probably only take a few more and see if they can get some additional east coast schools later. But the ACC is just too locked up, so the Pac12 is the only place where they can expand from without further watering down their conference with G5s.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Per McMurphy, B12 goal is still all four corners