Player Maturity

Viewing 2 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I’ve been pretty impressed with the maturity some of our players have been showing this season. Namely TW2 and Carrington.

Troy has been very impressive in interviews, from when he learned that he’d lost the starting job until this week, when he’s slated to start again. All the reports have been that he was still the last guy off of the practice field, working hard in case his number was called. I admit, I was concerned at his body language against SJSU when he had his hands in his pockets on the field and looked disinterested. But it seems that might have been the exception, and not the rule.

I admittedly didn’t know much about Carrington before he came here other than the fact that he caught the game winning TD against us a year ago (that image is burned into my brain). I was skeptical when I heard about his off-the-field issues, but I had faith that the coaching staff would make the correct decision about whether or not to bring him in. On the field, he’s been a season-saver. Off the field, it seems like he’s got his house in order. He’s great in interviews and seems to have fully bought in to the Utah Football Family.

Carrington and TW2 used to go to California football camps together. Troy was reportedly one of the first people Carrington texted to ask about playing football at the U, and Troy was also a factor that brought him here.

I’m grateful for what these kids have done for the program. Here’s to hoping they find some familiarity this weekend and ball out.

Go Utes! Let’s chop down some trees!

UM4G
      Ute Fan
      @um4g

Carrington was interviewed recently, believe it was after the Arizona game, and they asked him about playing for Utah. He said something along the lines of football is fun again, he’s just out there doing his thing and enjoying it, something that was missing from Oregon. So it sounds like the change of scenery, and the support of the coaches and team has really helped him out.

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

I’ve been really impressed with Carrington on the field. He’s never jawing or getting in people’s faces. Just takes care of business.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Player Maturity