Please be EXTRA careful driving to RB

Viewing 5 reply threads
      16 1

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

I-15 through Virgin River Gorge took 60 minutes tonight. We got through before a tragic accident that at this time claimed 2 lives.

I-15 narrows to one lane after Az exit 8 on the Mesquite side of the canyon. Expect a sudden slowdown somewhere in the “winedy” part. You’ll be 55-60 to 0 in no time.

I know a bunch of you experienced this for the PAC12 Championship game. But a bunch more are headed to Pasadena.

Please take your time, plan on a few hours more than you might expect to get to the LA area, because it’s gonna be slow. One guy on twitter tonight said it took him 13.5 hours.

Safe travels everyone. We need all of us there safely to make noise.

Carterdalby
      Ute Fan
      @carterdalby

Recommendation: Use old state road 91 to go around the traffic to get back onto I-15 in Littlefield. It goes a lot quicker rn and is more scenic.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

Hmm never went that way. Awesome 👍👍👍

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

Hmm never went that way. Awesome 👍👍👍

2 5

Johnny
          Ute Fan
          @johnny

I’m kind of gay maybe

homer
        Ute Fan
        @homer

Very true. Beaver dam wash is beautiful.

And if you are traveling after sunset on a clear night with little moon the milky way is amazing. One time we stopped and looked at the stars for a good 30 minutes.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I’m heading down this morning. Where do you hit 91?

pdogphil
          Ute Fan
          @pdogphil

Tony, get off in st George exit 8 towards ivins

UrbanLiar
          Ute Fan
          @urbanliar

Head towards SUNSET Blvd in St George then north on SUNSET Blvd towards Gunlock Reservoir. You’ll pass through the edge of western Ivins, enter the Shivwits reservation and it’ll take you up over the mountain pass into Arizona back to I-15 at Beaver Dam.

2 4

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

More traffic updates. Awesome 👍

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

When you say it took someone 13.5 hours, do you know where that was from? Salt Lake? I’ll be staying in St. George and driving to Pasadena on Saturday morning.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

You might want to get up way early. It will be very congested around the 10 Saturday morning.

I would guesstimate Saturday morning would be 8-9 hours into the stadium from St George

hbUte
        Ute Fan
        @hbute

Larry b – Hope you are planning a very early start when leaving st george on Saturday. Not only should you be considering the traffic but parking will take some extra time plus the vaccination checks getting into the stadium.

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

How early would you suggest? We planned on 6 (5AM in Cali).

hbUte
            Ute Fan
            @hbute

Larry – like Johnny I would guesstimate 9 hours into the stadium from St George. Gotta remember that the parade ends late morning so traffic/parking will be a mess in the area.
            Pregame starts at 1 pm, which I think should be awesome, so don’t want to miss that.

There is a thread from a few days ago named “Rose Bowl Travel” which has some good comments regarding the drive in.

Johnny
            Ute Fan
            @johnny

Yeah plan on an all nighter bro. Maybe 0300?

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Thankfully I just have to take the 10 almost all the way from AZ. I’ve lost a friend driving in the pass between st George and mesquite. So many reckless drivers….be safe out there!!

12PAC
      Ute Fan
      @12pac

Thank you for this. Game changer today. Saved us 30 minutes, and MUCH safer and pleasant.

Edit: I meant the SR 91 recommendation.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Please be EXTRA careful driving to RB