Predictions and hot takes and thoughts

Viewing 2 reply threads

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

1. Calling my shot… I bet we see some Nate Johnson at running back next week. Cause, who else is there? Assuming Jj is hurt. Glover looks like a contributor but not a workhorse. Wouldn’t be good to give vaki 30 carries. Love jaquindon gritting out that high ankle sprain. He’s been a warrior.

2. I think we need a little recruiting put into the game plan. I get Whitt is old school. But especially in the 3rd, I wish we wouldn’t have taken the air out of the ball. Wide receiver is the last position group to take that is still making that P5 leap. And instead of churning clock when the game is well in control I wish we’d still be willing to throw because wideouts look at the stat sheet. And we need to beef that up when we can. I’m not saying to orient a game plan around that or to run up the score with 6 minutes left. But when the pass game is clicking and the game is in hand in the third and early 4th don’t be afraid to pad the stats a little bit with recruiting in mind.

3. I hope Barnes uncorks it a little more on single coverages. On two third and longs he has parks and Vele both in single coverage that was kind of tight. Rather than just scrambling for a few yards and then kicking it, toss it up where only our guys or nobody will get there. See the coverage and Let the dudes try and make the play. You can do both that and take care of the ball. He did it to munir to great affect.

3 1

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

No way do you risk getting your QB2 injured by playing him at RB. He may be used as an RPO option at QB a little but not as a straight up RB.

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

I hope we never go back to trying the dual quarterback thing again but it would be great to see Nate come in for a few RPO tries throughout the game next week. You never know when he’ll take one to the house and we’ll probably need to do something to throw Washington off balance.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Predictions and hot takes and thoughts