Pretty obvious which team wanted it more

Viewing 3 reply threads

HoosierinUt
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierinut

Like I said yesterday, the NIT is almost always about which team wants it more. Rarely is it about which team has the better “talent”.

No question BSU wanted the game.

For those that got to listen to Coach k after the game, did you hear him say he needs to go out and recruit some leadership?

Just to vent:

1) Collette needs to learn to stay on his feet. Does he really need to flop every single time he is touched and pretend to get fouled????? The acting gets old and the refs see it. It really hurts the team on defense.

2) Once again, Kuzma got his points. Nice job shooting two pointers with 8 seconds left Kuz. And way to race down and get another two pointer with 2 seconds left. Nice attitude Kuz. Get your points.

3) what is the identity of this team?

4) Gabe Bealer is not a starter on a Pac12 contender team. Not at this point in his career.

5) Rawson is not a starter on a Pac12 contender team. Not at this point in his career.

6) who is the starting 5 next year Johnson/Collette/Kuzma/Barefield/?????

7) also on the post-game interview Coach K said he has to go out and recruit some shooters. How many spots do we have open?

I guess my rant is really about a poorly built team. No progression through out the year and the team was apathetic for the bulk of the year. Maybe that’s because they don’t have much history together?

Looking forward to next year. Ticket office should be calling tomorrow to get people to hurry up and buy their season tickets 😉

I’ll be buying mine. I love the sport.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

1. For some reason I believe Markannen went to Arizona because he didn’t want to compete against Collette for playing time. Was Collette’s transfer known before Markannen picked UA?

7. I’m not sure Krystkowiak wanted to be there last night, or any longer after the Oregon State loss. If so, then we have ways of dealing with that. He is the 14th highest-paid BBall coach in college, 2nd highest in PAC-12. Act like you want to earn that money.

1 1

cjd1
        Ute Fan
        @cjd1

I have this feeling there’s going to be a lot of movement of players again this year.

2 1

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

If there is, Larry loses a lot of benefit of the doubt. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

Yep, purge the turds.

Team really has no outside shooting threat. Just a a bunch of slashers, except that option disappears at the end of games when the opponent is no longer worried about preserving fouls. Result is the team looks completely lost.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

If we “purge the turds” then does that include Larry? He’s the one that dropped this turd. 

Puget Ute
              Ute Fan
              @pugetute

No, but perhaps we should shake up the coaching staff somewhat.

Utah
                Ute Fan
                @utah

This is probably the right answer. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

(This post is meant as a reply to Utah’s preceding post, not the OP)

I disagree. I just think Larry gives naught a s**t about NIT.

He has resurrected a moribund program.

Transfers are just a part of the deal now.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I agree that transfers are a part of the deal now. The problem is that we aren’t having garbage kids transfer. If we lose Daniels, Kuzma this offseason, we are having our two best, most important and biggest minute getters leave. 

That’s a huge problem. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I wouldn’t let Rawson lay bricks in my landscaping project.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Pretty obvious which team wanted it more