Pro Style

Viewing 2 reply threads
      5 1

bblake21
      Ute Fan
      @bblake21

I think by now we can all see that Tyler Huntley has made no progress.  We always try to have an offense and coordinators who want to get more RPOs and option runs with quarterbacks. Our offense clearly needs to become like Stanford’s of Washington’s offense.  Washington for example has arguably one of the best quarterbacks in the nation and their pass to run ration is around 40-60. Utah traditional has really good backs that can help the offense to get going after some runs. We need to become more of a pro-style team to start producing a better offense.  Jack Tuttle needs to be the starting piece to that.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

All I’ve seen of Tuttle, which is the spring game, is a QB who is not ready yet.  He threw some unwise throws for interceptions. 

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

But at what point do we start planning for the future? I know it’s early in the season and we’re 2-1 with a shot at the South but Huntley has shown that he’s not the guy. So in my opinion, we either lose a bunch of games with Huntley and then next year we just hope Tuttle is ready OR we get Tuttle as much playing time as we can this year, probably still losing a bunch of games.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

At least not until we are out of the running for the south.  We’ve lost a single Pac12 game and honestly, it looked worse than it was.  If we take the FG before half instead of force a throw down the sideline (Terrible play call) and we don’t drop a walk-in score we would have lost 17 to 21.  Throw in 2 targeting calls that extended drives, targeting calls that don’t get called 90+ percent of the time, and we were probably in another tight battle with UW. 

I think we’ll bounce back this week and start putting some points on the board. Still, think we lose but maybe something like 31 – 38.  

jrj84105
          Ute Fan
          @jrj84105

The future could be the QB we’re trying to sign this year, and he’ll be looking elsewhere if Tuttle gets the start.  Tuttle hasn’t even beat out Shelley despite the fact that Tuttle is a better system fit for Taylor’s offense.  That should put a big damper on Tuttle expectations.

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Or it’s because he’s a freshman.

jrj84105
              Ute Fan
              @jrj84105

Shelly has one less camp* than Tuttle and a hell of a lot less coaching prior to entering college.  Whatever experience advantage Shelley has is negated by having a pass-first offense.

*pretty sure that Shelley wasn’t an early enrollee.

ironman1315
                Ute Fan
                @ironman1315

I wouldn’t discount a whole year’s worth of practice and film review.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

I want to see Shelly. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

All of last year we were “playing for the future” by starting Huntley. This is the future.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

He regressed or defenses know how he works this season. Utah needs a spark something to ignite the offense. Not a great example but Terrence Cain against Wyoming Halloween night 2009. He gets benched and thus begins the Wynn era. 

WhiteyFisk
      Ute Fan
      @whiteyfisk

Ya this whole running option QB fad has become so played. Huntley can’t make throws downfield. Skinny post, seam, fade, back shoulder are all out of the question for him. All he can throw is swing, curl, quick slant, and only sometimes. Our offense is so hampered by his lack of throwing accuracy. 

I want Tuttle, but probably not until next year. Let’s just try and get to 6-7 wins this year. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.