Random observations from the NEZ

Viewing 1 reply thread

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Terrell Perriman (2nd game) Bryant Pirtle (good to see him in after the injury), Tre Strong, Malik Haynes all got their first (or first appreciable) action of the season against the zoobs. Didn’t get any play in the 2nd half

Bernard was in alongside Hansen OR Barton much of the first half (Coach later said it was a personnel thing and that he was in when we went 4-3, but I’m sure I saw him when we had just 2 backers…)

Seemed like the D had mega substitutions throughout the first half but tightened up during the second(Tareke Lewis got a LOT of time)

Would’ve had two of the zoobs out for targeting if it were a pac-12 crew (And I didn’t see any phantom ones they could’ve called on us) I seriously can’t believe they didn’t call for a review on the second one. It was likely not looked at because Utah got the next snap off really quickly. Overall a good game by the CFO crew

The two long pass plays that were “broken up” in the first half were PI, or damn close to it. The first one their Kaufusi LB got there too early and wasn’t even looking for the ball on Dixon. The second the guy turned around but fell into Mariner before the ball got there – Maybe questionable no calls, with how loose the crew let them play I could see why they left the flags in (Pac-12 crew would’ve called those no doubt)

Overall a really weird game but I never had the ‘sick to my stomach cuz we’re going to lose’ feeling, like during the entire ASU game (which was closer, ironically, going into the 4th)

Hadley and Wilson were slippery but I wasn’t overly impressed with the throws the kid was making. A lot of that credit should go to their giant TE. Seemed like our DE’s lost edge contain more than usual, but they picked it up in the 4th when they needed to

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Lewis is good. Really good. Like good enough that Blackmon may go pro or if he comes back gets moved to safety. 

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Agreed. The secondary and LB’s are going to be stellar AGAIN next year. I just noticed Lewis more than in my past games

Looking forward to Ma’ake’s analysis (if he posts one)

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Random observations from the NEZ