2020 Recruiting numbers as reported by 247…

Viewing 7 reply threads
      2 5

LongDuckDong
      Ute Fan
      @utahdawg

Clearly Washington and Stanford have a different approach than most in the conference.

Arizona: 11 commits / 223 offers / 4.93% success rate / 82.73 avg 247 rating

ASU: 16 commits / 227 offers / 7.04% success rate / 84.13 avg 247 rating

Cal: 19 commits / 127 offers / 14.96% success rate / 84.95 avg 247 rating

Colorado: 16 commits / 301 offers / 5.32% success rate / 84.56 avg 247 rating

Oregon: 19 commits / 299 offers / 6.36% success rate / 88.58 avg 247 rating

OSU: 12 commits / 148 offers / 8.11% success rate / 84.83 avg 247 rating

Stanford: 13 commits / 63 offers / 20.63% success rate / 88.46 avg 247 rating

UCLA: 11 commits / 95 offers / 11.58% success rate / 85.45 avg 247 rating

USC: 10 commits / 155 offers / 6.45% success rate / 86.90 avg 247 rating

Utah: 5 commits / 214 offers / 2.34% success rate / 84.40 avg 247 rating

Washington: 19 commits / 70 offers / 27.14% success rate / 88.47 avg 247 rating

WSU: 10 commits / 161 offers / 6.21% success rate / 84.60 avg 247 rating

LongDuckDong
      Ute Fan
      @utahdawg

My bad…as reported by 247

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

kwhitt in the gutter with a 2.37% success rate… sad but not surprised

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

2020 recurring isn’t over. All these numbers will change.

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

Yeah, we get it……everyone wants to go to Washington and Stanford.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Meh.. it’s what’s produced on the field that matters ; how do those number look ? Look at number of players they have put in the NFL . They’ve also improved every year since being in the pac12 plus took the PAC south last year .. they must be doing something right

whitlessham
          Ute Fan
          @whitelssham

I hate this “fan boy” response.  There is ZERO excuse for being dead last.  Imagine if kwhitt was evern below average what type of program this would be.

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

You are an idiot, bro. He has been average. He has been in the 30s for years. That is top quartile for recruiting. This cycle isn’t done. You made the same tired arguments last year. And now I am wondering if you aren’t using this new profile as a sock puppet for your tired narrative.

Utahute72
            Ute Fan
            @utahute72

Utah has to recruit differently than the top of the conference. Utah offers more players so they will be in the running if a player decomits if they are recruited over. They have a much better percentage with players that are more realistic, but want to be there if some of the higher hanging fruit falls off the tree.

gUrthBrooks
            Ute Fan
            @hammer

Yeah there is, bitch. Utah success is based on projecting where players will be and they are some of the best I. The country AND OTHER TEAMS HAVE PICKED UP ON IT!!!!!!!!! So it does no good to identify these 2 and 3 star guys early on that you think that can be NFL guys down the road and tip your hand by offering them so that AZ state can start recruiting them 1 week later. Get a f**king clue!!!!

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Feeding trolls is wrong. It’s very wrong. 

Guido
            Ute Fan
            @guidopescatore

You convinced me. I will no longer cheer for Utah football until we are #1 in every conceivable category.  Thanks for the perspective that has shown me the error of my ways.

3 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

You don’t listen so good. This is by choice.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Mehhh, when Whitt fails to field a competitive team then the fan base will worry. Otherwise recruiting numbers are for premadonnas to worried about superficial BS. With Polys holding down the lines, Utah just needs to moderately improve QB, WR, and LB recruiting.

LongDuckDong
      Ute Fan
      @utahdawg

I’m not saying one method works and the other doesn’t. Oregon offered 300 kids and they are ranked #1 in the conference right now for recruiting. Washington only offered 70 kids and Washington is ranked #2 in the conference in recruiting.

I just can’t help but think if Utah is so good at preparing guys for the NFL, what would happen to the program, the Wins and Losses, etc. if instead of taking 2 and 3 star guys, they were getting 3 and 4 star guys?

It’s the same argument I made when Peterson went from Boise State to Washington. What can he do if he gets better talent and develops it as well as he did at Boise State. He’s clearly improved Washington but I think the jury is still out on if he’s taking 3 and 4 star guys and turning them in to top notch NFL talent.

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

Nailed it

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Offering that many kids is wrong. Ethically these Universities(not trying to say anyone is better than the next in regards to this) are an example of being awful. 

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Anybody else look at this and think, substitute the Zoobies, and this is all preseason hype.

Who cares if you go undefeated in practice in August, undefeated in the NFL preseason, or have the most 5 star recruits committed in August if you end up with a losing record in the actual season?

While the numbers are impressive, they mean nothing at the end of the season. Can Stanford or Washington sign more than 25 each year? Nope. (Yes I know there are bending of the 25 quota) And do they get extra scholarships because they have more “committed” at this time? Nope!

Washington and Stanford, preseason recruiting champs!!!!

TDS, preseason National Champs!!!!!

Who cares?

LongDuckDong
      Ute Fan
      @utahdawg

Recruiting does correlate to on field success. Look at Bama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Clemson the last 4 or 5 years. They’re ranked highest on final recruiting classes. They get the best talent in the country, period.

Oh wait! Those are also the teams who make the CFP. Recruiting matters. Don’t kid yourself.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

He’s not saying recruiting doesn’t matter. He’s saying that recruiting victories in August don’t matter. What matters is the class at the end of signing day.

Get it together pace.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2020 Recruiting numbers as reported by 247…