Rose Bowl Parade

Viewing 4 reply threads

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

I’m going to the Rose Bowl and am interested in trying to catch a little bit of the parade.

I know you need tickets to watch the Rose Bowl parade from the grandstands, but from my Google searching it sounds like you can watch the parade from the street without a ticket.

Is that true?

I’m hoping to find a place at the end of the parade route to make it easier to get a spot.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

We bought tickets to watch the Rose Bowl parade last year. If I had to do it all over again, I would have saved myself the money and just watched it from the sidewalk. Maybe last year was an anomaly, but there was a lot of room on the sidewalks to watch the parade throughout its entire route. So much so that, halfway through the parade, we just left the bleachers and got on the sidewalks to have a better view of the floats.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

Yes you can just watch the parade from the street but it might be multiple people deep for better spots. They install grandstands at the intersections of most streets so you’ll have to be persistent. Your strategy will be better the further east you go towards the end. I thoroughly enjoyed the parade way more than I expected last year, so I highly recommend you try to watch it somehow. Good luck!

beauteful
      Ute Fan
      @beauteful

We got there really early and just got good spots right on the front row on the sidewalk, and didn’t have to pay for any tickets. We actually found a place that was selling parking right there as well, so we just parked our car there in the morning, watched the parade, then walked over to the stadium for the game and walked back after the game. This worked out well because we didn’t have to find a place to park the car twice. I am not really into parades myself, but I would highly recommend going to the rose parade, especially if you are already going to be there for the game. Definitely a must do to get the full Rose Bowl experience.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

We watched the parade at a co-workers house a couple blocks before the grandstands. Great place to watch… actually between the Rose Parade house and the grandstands. Only problem was you couldn’t cross the freeway to pass by the grandstands 90 minutes prior to the parade so hiked an extra mile and a half AND had to hike a crazy hill. My recommendation is if you aren’t parking a the Rose Bowl and walking over to the parade park on the other side and find a spot early on the parade route.

Not sure how you’ll get to the game.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rose Bowl Parade