Ryan Smith

Viewing 12 reply threads
      1 30

John
      Ute Fan
      @sgufan

A few fans and some pals in the media have made some very serious accusations about Smith and NIL agreements.  I would be very careful making such charges without concrete proof.  Smith may be a public figure but statements like those can lead to a defamation lawsuit.

I would compare this to Adam Schiff saying he had absolute proof that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia but he never showed is “proof.”  You better have it in this case or you may have to find a good lawyer.  You can bad mouth BYU and Pope all you want and question Chandler’s decision but accusing someone of illegal activity is not just “fans talking.”

5 1

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

richute
      Ute Fan
      @richute

I’m sure Ryan Smith has nothing better to do than read fan message boards, and then go find people who said something shady MIGHT have happened, and then sue them. you’re right we should be careful!

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Another account created 2 days ago. The trolls are really spewing some BS rumor crap right now.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

How bout this John. Where those smoke there’s fire. The truth will come out soon enough. So like the fake thing for Trump. It will be discovered if this in fact happened. I will say this. Utah fans, coaches are administration will be watching what The TDS does in the future very closely. I do know people who are doing this…. If a kid chooses on his own will good for him. When he’s cohersed in bad faith like Caleb L it’s a whole nother thing. Your right, no one has proof now. Abs I don’t think anyone is going to go on a while goose chase but what I can tell you is that things are going to be watched a lot closer going forward. BTW don’t be surprised if Chandler flips after his mission. Just saying. Not saying he will But, I’ll leave it there.

radioUte
        Ute Fan
        @radioute

We really need to drop this stuff – it makes us look petty and dumb.  Let’s focus on supporting Coach Smith rebuild a program that will give 17-year old kids a more competitive choice as they decide where they want to go to school.

John
        Ute Fan
        @sgufan

If Chandler flips after his mission it will be his decison and nobody elses.  As for Lohner, the rumor was that BYU hired his dad and that never happened.  I was told he got a taste of Coach K and was not impressed with being yelled at all the time.  My only comment is making unfounded rumors to appear as fact diminishes anyone that spread them.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Any other great advice for us new user John?

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Who cares about BYU recruiting?

The only Ryan Smith we should be discussing this week is the one that quit against Arizona in 2005.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

You sound pretty defensive for someone who believes there’s nothing shady going on. Perhaps you’re just trying to convince people to stop talking about it?

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Defamation lawsuits against fan board members????? GTFO of here!

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

It’s not in Smith’s best interest to be recruiting anyone for BYU.  I highly doubt this happened.

No matter what, we need to drop this now and move on.  Chandler made his choice and I wish him well.

By the way, Ryan Smith was very supportive of the University of Utah when Ty Jordan passed away.  He was very kind and gracious.

Go Utes!!!

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Ok zoob.

1 1

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

People will drop it eventually. He just committed yesterday, fans who care about the program have a right to be upset. If we are still posting about this in a week or two than pull out your fan police card. Until then, don’t tell people how to fan or how to feel.

radioUte
        Ute Fan
        @radioute

You would think that should happen, but people in this thread are still bringing up the Lohner kid’s Dad.  Apparently, we can’t let it go.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Get a life.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.