Sagarin Predictions 9/11/18

Viewing 3 reply threads

shakeitsugaree
      Ute Fan
      @shakeitsugaree

Sagarin says we’re the best team in the south, as of today

His website is a hot mess – sorry

This system predicts we should win every game against Pac12 south division opponents. It predicts wins over Oregon and Wazzu. Unfortunately, it also predicts we will lose to Washington and Stanford. Seven wins should be enough to take the south, no?

OK – I tried to resist, but Imma go all fangirl for a moment:

I can’t help feeling some 2015 deja vu this year. I remember being underwhelmed by our start that year – which, looking back, was silly since we beat a 10-3 Michigan team in our opener. But then came that awesome ass kicking at Autzen. I get the feeling that Whitt and Co. are really, really, REALLY hyped for this game on Saturday. Like they’ve been preparing specifically for this game since Fall camp – just like they did for Oregon in 2015. I think they pull out all the stops and absolutely ball out to beat the Fuskies!!!!! Sagarin be damned!!!! I just hope he’s right about all the other games … well, maybe not the Furd game, but all the other OTHER games … you know, where we win.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Since USC lost to Stanford, it makes everything easier for us to win the south. If what he says is true, that we sweep the south and go 2-2 vs the North, we end up 7-2. USC would be 7-2 as well. No one else would have less than 2 losses. 

We’d win the tiebreaker over USC and win the south. 

The USC loss was HUGE for us. Now we just have to beat USC. 

shakeitsugaree
        Ute Fan
        @shakeitsugaree

Well … and win the 6 other games too.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Woot! She’s BAAAAACK!

Don’t resist the temptation to go all fangirl. Pace does it all the time.

KoolWhitt
      Ute Fan
      @koolwhitt

Seven wins with no losses to the South would easily win the division.  That would mean a south team would have to ONLY lose to us and win all the rest of their conference games.

USC is already eliminated under that logic, since they have already dropped a conference game.

UCLA and Arizona have no chance

One of ASU and Colorado would be out, by virtue of the fact that one has to lose to the other.  Both teams get BOTH USC and Washington on the road, so the victor in the head to head match would have to win both of those road games in order to beat us out.  Unlikely. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Sagarin Predictions 9/11/18