Skyline High School > 5 star busts

Viewing 4 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

So USC’s Max Browne is looking like a 5 star bust. He came from Skyline high school in Sammamish, WA. The same Skykine that produced 5 star bust Jake Heaps.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

True.

But they also produced Kasen Williams (UW and Seahawks), Cameron Saffle (LB at Cal), Peyton Pelleur (LB at WSU), and a number of other players on MWC teams and a grundle of FCS players.

Skyline’s record of putting kids on college rosters is quite amazing considering the size of the school.

And Max Browne got screwed by Helton. He could have transferred before season and gone anywhere and lit it up. But now he is trapped at USC until he finishes grad school. I’m not saying would be a Heisman candidate but he would be solid at most schools built around Pro-set Offense. He would have been All-Conference at a MWC or AAC school.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

That is the real problem here. Helton screwed over Browne. Darnold looked better than Browne all spring and fall. Yet, Helton named Browne the starter so he couldn’t/wouldn’t transfer.

It would be like if we started Cox vs SUU and SJSU but played Troy in those two games and then announced that Troy was our starter now.

It’s bush league.

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

I called this when they originally made the decision I said they’d switch right before the Utah game

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Maybe he wanted to give him every opportunity to succeed?

I just hate to think that someone would actually do that.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It makes you wonder who is rating these kids actually. What metric makes them whiff?

Why would you want to hold onto a kid for that reason?  College Football is a win now mentality no way you chance all of that just to shackle a kid to your school.

Anonymous
      Inactive

After all that USC had invested in Browne, they had to stick him into some real games to see what they really had. His current passer rating of 111 ranks with some of Travis Wilson’s worst performances, but Travis had the redeeming ability to run like a giraffe. So they gave Browne his shot and it looks like it didn’t work. Pretty sure this had nothing to do with scheming to prevent him from transferring.

If you include room and board, The cost to attend USC is $69K a year. Browne has already received that and is in graduate school. I’m not shedding any tears for him.

Substiute
        Ute Fan
        @substiute

Browne is also a graduated senior. If he had been passed over he likely would have left the program. I think it was their intent to start him to keep him from leaving ala Cox and being left with poor options at backup. This way they have him in the wings if something happens to Dernold.

Anonymous
          Inactive

But they gave him his shot and that was not required. Managing the personell is part of the job description and frankly it’s implicit in the contract or agreement between the school and the player. Helton did what he needed to do. Browne got his shot and he got his degree. Browne may yet see more playing time because their OL really sucks.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Skyline High School > 5 star busts