So, I’m pretty sure I just watched Denmark’s player die

Viewing 3 reply threads

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

Watching Euro 2020 and supporting my grandmother’s native land, Denmark, when Christen Eriksen collapses on the field just before halftime. Before anyone knew the seriousness of it, the cameras got a closeup and you could see his lifeless stare as the medical team started to perform CPR on him and pull out the defibrillator machine before they panned out.

I’m just sick. People on Twitter saying they are legit traumatized and I’m feeling the same way. Terrible. Hoping the medical team pulls off a miracle and can save him somehow.

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

Ok just now seeing pictures that he was awake as they took him off the field so in case you want to see the scary moments of his collapse, here’s a quick summary:
      https://youtu.be/ckh328yIKNg

1 1

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Stabilized in hospital

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Always loved his style of play, especially during his time with Spurs

1 3

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Someone unhappy by my love of the player’s style. That gives me a nerd boner. What upset you about it?

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

Someone unhappy with my interest in someone being unhappy with my love of Erickson’s style. Keep it coming.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

That was really scary. But I’m absolutely amazed by what transpired after – the guy had CPR for 10 minutes and was conscious by the time he was transported.

Everyone should get CPR certified. CPR saves lives.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

I read an interesting statistic last night. In case of a sudden cardiac arrest, if an AED is not used within 3 minutes, odds of survival are 7%. If an AED is used within 3 minutes, odds of survival are 70%.

AEDs save lives as well, and they’re actually quite easy to use, even for the untrained. Just turn it on and follow the audio prompts.

And it’s shocking (no pun intended) how many places don’t have them.

oc_ute
          Ute Fan
          @ocute

spent the last 10 years of my career managing a team that designed aed’s. they are a great thing. and right you are. every minute that lapses, the odds of survival go down exponentially so to speak. when i saw the video, my first guess was SCA.

Pretty sure I remember European soccer has a mandate that an aed be at every game.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Someone liked a post about another human on the brink of death.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc So, I’m pretty sure I just watched Denmark’s player die