So Muhammad Ali's kid was detained and questioned

Viewing 1 reply thread

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2017/02/24/muhammad-ali-jr-detained-immigration-fla-airport/98376180/In

a Florida airport for two hours and questioned about his Muslim “heritage” kid was born in Philly, has a US passport

After reading the reporting I linked it would seem that customs and border patrol is hard profiled because of his name. I wonder what legitimately triggered the second screening.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

I’d like to know the full story on this.  I don’t like the idea of a religious litmus test to enter the country; it seems inherently unAmerican.   Those who say we shouldn’t do any profiling are forgetting who has threatened the peace and security of our country and it make sense to give them some additional attention/scrutiny.  At the same time we have to remember killers like Tim McVeigh and Dylan Roof were clean-cut white guys.

I know the best way to answer a challenge is to just politely go through the Q&A (I get stopped often at security checkpoints because I have some metal in my hip); sometimes it is annoying but if you grin and bear it, you get through with minimal headache and slight delay.   I got a pretty thorough feel-up by a guard in the Porto Alegre, Brazil airport just a couple weeks ago.  If Ali, Jr got all hot-and-bothered about being questioned, and started throwing out the “do you know who I am!?” card, I could see things getting escalated, and maybe he was half the problem.  Apparently his mother was able to skate by with a photo while playing the wife-of-Ali card (not sure if that is a Good Thing, actually).   

Viewing 1 reply thread

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics So Muhammad Ali's kid was detained and questioned