Some thoughts on the offense…

Viewing 3 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

I guess A-Rod and Whittingham figured they should save the playbook for Oregon last night. They must’ve felt that if they could beat Michigan, Utah State, and Fresno State with about a quarter/half the PB, why not?! The play calling last night was superb, Oregon looked completely baffled.

I did like that misdirection play Oregon ran for a TD where I believe the running back ran right then looped back left and was wide open. I think we should ‘steal’ that one, it was a nice play and I think it would fit perfect into Utah’s scheme? haha

What a beautiful Sunday, Utah ranked 10/12 and getting the national publicity it deserves. Next up… #24 California and who knows what they’ll be ranked in two weeks.

GO UTES!

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by THEeyepatch.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Whit was clearly planning for this well before the season started. Planned on holding back until the Oregon game, throwing everything we had at them, and then having the bye week to decompress after a potential huge win. Really seems thats how it was set up. If we can keep executing that type of offense, the best of Booker is yet to come. Will really open it up for him. Oregons safeties were no more than 10 yards off the ball the entire first half last night.

We all knew a win @ Autzen would set the tone for a season on a different level when the schedule came out, Whitt agreed.

Anonymous
      Inactive

oops

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Our offense is incredibly efficient. Comparing among Pac 12 teams only, we are:

#1 in sacks given up (1)
      #1 in red zone offense
      #1 in 4th down conversions (8 of 9)
      #1 in turnover margin (+7)
      #2 in 3rd down conversions (47.5)
      #2 in time of possession (34:18)

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Some thoughts on the offense…