Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Utah football roster interesting tidbits:

Repp is a DE. As is Davr Hamilton. 
      Fun to have a Kruger back on the DL.
      Cooper Bateman is a QB. 
      McCormick and Nacua are WR’s.

Repp has elite skills at DE. He has potential to be an amazing pass rusher. Can he put on weight to realize his potential? Will he ever be anything other than a pass rusher? 

Davr Hamilton at DE? Interesting. I’d be it’s because of the 5-1 front Scalley wants to run. Having versatility at DE/OLB would help you quickly go from a 5-1 to a 4-3 to a 3-4.

I think our QB will be Bateman or Williams. I think the coaches want one of those two to win the job with the tough schedule in 2017. The schedule is much easier in 2018 with Rosen, Browning, Darnold, Falk all graduating/leaving. Better to have an all out QB fight on their hands then with Tuttle, Huntley and Shelley. That doesn’t mean Huntley doesn’t win the job, but that’s not the plan. 

WR group is so interesting. We return Young, Wilson, Singleton and Simpkins. We also add Dana, have Fulks, Hamilton, Thompson and Dixon. McCormick making the switch is telling as well. Same with Nacua. We have talent there. What can Taylor and Holliday do with that talent? I also wonder with the switches if they will sub WR’s a lot. Or if this just means we need more WR’s. If Dana, McCormick and Nacua can get minutes with our returners, that gives us 7 WR’s. More 4/5 WR sets? 

Tyrone Smith also moves to CB. That is exciting. 

I think it comes down to this: Spring ball is 100% about the QB’s and WR’s and OL. Our DL is set, our LB’ers are set, our CB’s won’t all be here until the fall. 

Can Bateman win the job in the spring? He sure thinks he can. What WR’s step up? We have talent at OL. Who steps up to start?

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Spring Roster Thoughts