Sr. QBs have been a great predictor in the past for the TDS game.

Viewing 4 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Over the past 15 years or so the team with a Sr. QB vs the underclassman QB has always won the Utah-TDS game, I don’t think this has changed. I looked all this up about two or three years ago. When there wasn’t a Sr. QB of course usually Utah won.

Do I think the Sr. QB wins tomorrow? No, no I don’t. I think the tides have changed and this won’t matter as much. But it certainly doesn’t hurt BYU.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

That’s not true. Nelson was the TDS QB in 2012 and we won, thrice. Although I guess Hays was a senior. So it’s a wash.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by ironman1315.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I watched that 2012 game today. I don’t know how we won that game. Wynn just retired, no White, they had Van Noy, Ansah, etc.

lol. That was the last time they were more talented than we were.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Because Utah is better…always!

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

First off- Most Sr QB’s have years of in-game experience, that’s something hill just doesn’t have.

Secondly- name one team with a defense worth a damn tds has ever beaten?

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Utah 2006, 2007, and 2009? But yes I get what you are saying.

I hope we show today we’ve moved on to the next level, but as we know, sadly on any given day a team with decent 1s can beat another team in spite of not being the better overall team.

bopahull
          Ute Fan
          @bopahull

That’s why TDS has never lost a game to Utah.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

In wrestling the term is mat time. That’s the best way to get better, wrestle in competition them clean up your goods at practice. Hill doesn’t have that. Besides, their left side O line is just awful. Expect pita and Fitts to rock it.

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

BYU fans love to trot out the “Senior QB” stat and how we have only beaten 2 (since LaVell took over and it actually counted), Nelson and some guy whose name starts with an F in the ’90’s. The problem with this stat is we were in the same conference with them. A more meaningful stat is since Utah has joined the PAC12 BYU has never beaten us.

I think this is the stat that trumps all others today. We have PAC 12 talent and should beat these guys probably 9 out of 10 games moving forward. I think this game gets to be more like Utah/USU. USU can beat us (and has), but it is a big upset.

I think we get the win by about 10 to 14 today. We see another game where BYU never leads, Troy looks like a gamer, and someone emerges as a solid Tailback.

Go UTES!

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

I’m definitely in the “things have changed camp” however two things help a team’s chances, a Sr. QB with experience in a rivalry game, and Sr. Point Guards come NCAA BB tourney time

But I don’t think TDS has the horses to run with us for four qtrs. I’d love to see us jump out ahead on turnovers like the LV bowl, however I think they’ll run alot more in the first half.

My prediction Marcus Williams with 1 pick in the first half, and Fitts/Dimick with at least one strip sack. 34-20 UTES is my prediction. With three TOs by TDS and one by Utah.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Sr. QBs have been a great predictor in the past for the TDS game.