Star Wars nerd discussions or the casual moviegoer

Viewing 2 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Rank the franchise: Empire, Rogue One, New Hope, ROJ, Phantom Menace, whatever tied for last is Solo or Revenge of the Nerds..I mean Sith. 

I had super high expectations for episode 3 which is why I ranked it as my very last. I still can’t stand to watch the movie despite when my 8 year old was 6 and would watch it every day. Solo is now tied for second to last. Not that it was a bad movie like ROS. It was a ok fun movie, Harrelson’s character was misused like Del Toro in episode 8. Mostly because Han Solo and the Falcon are two of my most beloved characters from movies and I just didn’t like how they handled them. The acting was poor and the Falcon was barely emphasized. Maybe it comes down to expectations again and they may be too high. 

Interesting note. Disney has suspended Boba Fett and Obi Wan pre production to focus on episode 9. They don’t want it to end in a legacy of failure like Lucas did with episodes 1-3.  

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

To me the original trilogy will always be in a separate category simply because they were the films I grew up on. Anything after that, here’s my ranking: Rogue One, Force Awakens, Solo … everything else. Last Jedi would probably be next ahead of episodes 1-3, but it’s also been the first movie of the “new” releases starting with TFA that I didn’t see at least a second time and wasn’t bothered by that fact.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I go to a movie about once every 2.5 years (spending too much time writing Ute Hub code).  Haven’t seen the Solo one yet.  I thought after the first three the acting dook a dump.  The last one before Solo was decent. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Star Wars nerd discussions or the casual moviegoer