Targeting

Viewing 5 reply threads

Red Dawn
      Ute Fan
      @ranger15

The call against Afia was complete bullsh#t, and was huge swing of momentum in the game (after the kicker missed the fg). My question is: Why the hell do we still have guys lowering their heads!! Everyone knows the PAC 12 is watching this with a microscope, and they will look for any reason to screw Utah. I love how aggressive the D is, but I dont feel like they’ve emphasized this. It screws us every game

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Then after that the defenders looked tentative…too afraid to hit someone for fear of getting flagged.

Grayshirt
      Ute Fan
      @grayshirt

Watch an SEC game. PAC12 ref a different game. Look at the hit that LSU guy put on the 1st Bama touchdown. That guy would have been tossed by a PAC12 crew.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

I saw that. I am not blaming today’s loss on the refs, but seriously, PAC12 refs are unf****believable.

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

I’m still fuming over that call, but the minute I saw the helmet to helmet contact, I knew they would review and make the call.

What really makes me agry, was the clear targeting by the ASU defender on Moss, on the next drive, on the play before the interception.  No targeting call, no review.  They make that call, and the team is 15 yards down the field, ASU is down a starting defender, and the intercetpion doesn’t happen.

On the next drive, there was clear targeting by the ASU defender on Huntley.  Again, no call, no review.

I’m not blaming the refs for the loss, but I am SOOOO tired of inconsistant PAC 12 officiating.  Either call it all the time, review it all the time, or let everyone play, all the time.

In the end, the refs gave us no help, not the kind they gave WA, WSU, USC, and today to ASU, but we still could have and should have won this game.  We shot ourselves in the foot.

And yes, if the officials from the SEC ref’d all of our games, we would be much better off.

Utah football is Utah football. We killed ourselves. 

PAC12 officiating is PAC12 officiating – worst in the P5.  Until we look like the only hope for PAC12 in the playoffs, or grow our TV market, we are not going to get anything but questionable calls and no reviews.

Nothing new to see here. Just the same old 50 car pile up on the freeway during a bad snowstorm.

Not sure why I keep rubber necking – I need to go away from this are think that through.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I must be the only one but I thought that was an obvious good call. Totally unnecessary play too.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Afia is taught to hit with the shoulder. He could have done that and we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.