Terrible Calls in Women’s BB Game

Viewing 2 reply threads
      6 2

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

This is the worst, and most one-sided refereeing I’ve ever seen in women’s BB. The Lady Utes are being tackled by OSU with no calls. When OSU gets the ball a foul is called whenever a Lady Ute touches them. Such a disgrace for this level of play. It’s a miracle that they actually won—in overtime.

3 1

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

I didn’t watch the game. But the stats show there was 21 fouls called on the Beavs and 20 on the Utes.

1 1

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
        Ute Fan
        @alaskasteveutealum

If you watched the game, you would have seen the numerous OSU fouls they didn’t call when they were guarding Pili, Palmer, and Johnson. Foul totals for a game can be misleading, as in this game.

Rick
          Ute Fan
          @rickyrules

I watched the game down the stretch and there were multiple times that Pili would go up for a shot with 1-3 Oregon State players holding on her her shooting arm with no call.  One play they called the ball out of bounds on OSU and then looked at the play in instant replay review and determined it was off of Pili.  It was off of Pili because she had two OSU players draped over her arms as she was trying to shoot the ball and it went out of bounds instead.  Ball to OSU.  

I have been a vocal critic of the PAC 12 officiating quality for football and men’s basketball but these refs in the Oregon State game would have made church ball refs look good.

Hahnenwk
      Ute Fan
      @hahnenwk

My wife says some day Pili will slug someone she is abused so badly. She never complains just smiles sometimes and does her thing.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Women) Terrible Calls in Women’s BB Game