DT: Utah – 11, BYU – 8
      LB: Utah – 10, BYU – 6
      CB: Utah – 13, BYU – 12
      S: Utah – 15, BYU – 6
      Overall: Utah – 60, BYU – 43

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

I love to follow Utah recruiting, but I hate using stars as the main barometer of talent.  Weddle, Joe Williams, Star, Asiata, Brice McCain, Sean Smith, Tasini etc were all 2-3 star kids and outplayed a lot of the 4* kids that we have recruited.  Not saying that doesnt show that on paper we are out recruiting them or that we dont have more talent, but I think its more evident in the games we have won vs them.  Over the last several years more and more people have gotten more into recruiting so I do think it has become more accurate than it used to be.  I like to use actual games vs said opponent more so than the *s though.

We have beat USC 2 out of the last 3 games, we have beat Stanford several times including once when they were ranked #5, we beat a ranked Oregon team 62-20 at their place, we have beat UCLA several times, and Washington at Washington(plus we played with them last year and they made the playoffs).  And most importantly, we have beat BYU 6x in a row, and we are 11-3 since 2002 vs BYU.  So I think that more than anything shows that we have been a more talented team.  They have had some nice wins during that time, but none that compare to what we have been able to do.  They will continue to get some talented LDS kids into their program just like they always have, but they havent been able to get close the talent year in and year out that we have.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

My point with this is simple: 

Why does BYU fan think they can win the game this fall? 

Yes, we have beaten Oregon, USC, Stanford, etc. BUT, how many fans thought we’d blow them out before EVERY SINGLE GAME. 

There is NOTHING that says BYU should win this game. 

Hell, even last year’s games shows that BYU shouldn’t win this game. Versus Utah, BYU created SIX TO’s…and lost. 

Hell, between Utah and Boise St, didn’t BYU have 12 TO’s…and LOST BOTH GAMES? I’d bet no team has ever done that before. 

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

They believe in lots of things(no offense to the LDS on here).  But are extremely irrational when it comes to football.  Im sure a lot of them feel like they are on LSUs level also.  I have no problem with a fanbase having excitment and hope that they can win most their games, but they take it too far.  They feel that they have the best OC in the nation in Ty “freaking” Detmer(thats how they refer to him).  When Ty hasnt shown anything yet as a collegiate OC.  They think because he won a Heisman and Taylor hasnt, that Ty must be 10x better at his job.  So with that thinking all we need to do is hire Johnny Manziel or Tim Tebow to run our offense.

There just isnt much rational thought put into their reasoning.  Sitake is already a better coach than KW, and KWs defense was only good because of Sitake.  And most of our recruits only came because of him.  Not much of what they believe when it comes to football makes any sense.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I agree with everything you’ve said. I was super bored today and this thought came to me so I wasted a couple hours doing it. 

RiseasUtes
              Ute Fan
              @riseasutes

Im glad you did, as I find it interesting.  I look at recruiting all the time and should probably post some of the things I run into.  And talking about anything football is better than the other subjects.

Red Don
            Ute Fan
            @reddon

You mean “Sitaki”.  That’s how many of them spell it.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.