The hate on Brady? I don’t get it?

Viewing 1 reply thread

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

To me it seems pretty irrational I don’t have a problem saying he is the best QB of this current era. Whatever you want to define as “this” era I guess.  Belichek and Brady is one of the best coaching combinations on this planet ever.  I am up in Washington right now at the SB party I went to they went on and on about how much they hate Brady.  Granted it was with Seahawks fans who are bitter their coach decided to throw instead of run.  So I just don’t get it.  

Nothing but respect for Brady. 

Right now I have even more respect for Foles.  What a story and how he came back to Football basically on the brink of leaving it.  NFL creates some great story lines and that is why I enjoy it.  Parity and the story lines.  

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Aaron Rodgers is better, IMO. Do you think if the ball had less air that Brady would have held onto the ball?

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Yeah, I think deflategate, spygate and other allegations of shady stuff by Belichek and/or Brady have drawn some heat on Brady.   Also, of course, is some jealousy over their continued success; people like to root for the underdog and against the reigning champ especially if its gone on for awhile.

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

I still think Rodgers is way better, regardless of deflate gate, etc. His numbers are better. He’s a better runner, he throws less int’s, has a better completion percentage.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Gno2JyM9wDo/maxresdefault.jpg

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

Pretty much equal, it seeme to me.  Unfortunately the Pack hasn’t gotten to the Superbowl recently mainly due to defense lapses, until Rodgers got injured, of course.

2 4

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I have been reading some stats about Rodgers and he isn’t as good as we think he is.

He is 0-35 against teams with a winning record when trailing by more than 1 point going into the fourth quarter. He came back and beat the Seahawks and Cowboys but was only trailing by one.  Yeah seems like an arbitrary stat but 35 times?  I kind of wonder if he is overrated as well.

PlainsUte
              Ute Fan
              @plainsute

0-35?  Was that with, or without a full moon and green jerseys?

Part of the difference is defense; he can put the points up, but sometimes the defense seems to relax and thwart the Q4 comeback – just based on fuzzy memory.  Favre, for example, had some excellent defenses in his day with the Packers.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Brady has been blessed with some luck as well but he has staged a lot of comebacks in the fourth when trailing against winning teams.  I can think of a few he laid on the Ravens.  The thought also comes to my mind that when you play the Patriots everyone comes to play them hard.  There are no gimmes sans the Browns.  I know people like to say they play in a weaker division which has been true for a long time.  But some great defenses have existed in that division over the years. 

gUrthBrooks
                  Ute Fan
                  @hammer

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean Rodgers isn’t clutch. He could score 3 TD’s in a 4th quarter and lose with his soft defense….or he could spend all his energy in the first 3 quarters trying to keep his team in it, whereas Brady has a solid defense to rely on for his comebacks, Rodgers does not. 

EagleMountainUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @battlegroundute

He is 2-35 when trailing against winning teams in the fourth. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The hate on Brady? I don’t get it?