The high school trick plays won’t work in the Pac-12

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I still have faith in Taylor and all, but the double reverse fleaflicker statue of liberty plays have to go. 

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I humbly disagree, if they’re good enough for USC, Ohio state, and Oklahoma then they are good enough for Utah. 

They are plays that have huge big play potential and it gives the opponents another wrinkle to have to scout out and defend 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

We are not USC, Ohio State, and Oklahoma. They haven’t worked. The results don’t lie.

Anonymous
          Ute Fan
          @anonymous

We are Marshall!

Sorry…wrong movie. 🙂

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

I also disagree…I’d much rather have the threat of an open offense vs. what we’ve been through the last number of years.  We’re putting up pretty damn good offensive numbers…just have had some big mistakes in the red zone which has cost us points.  I’ll take an average of close to 500 yards a game any day of the week.

How long has it been since we didn’t know what was coming on offense…we used to call out almost every damn play.  We now have receivers open on every play…again when was the last time we could say that, we run inside screens and back outs, Run pass option, power…I’ve been impressed with the play design.  Has our O-line been a little slow to respond…yes.  Can Moss run a little more North/South…of course but we’re a lot closer than we’ve been in hours to being dangerous…especially with Huntley.

Turnovers and bad penalties have stopped this offense.  Not play calling IMO.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

I’m not talking about the offense as a whole, just trick plays. Perhaps if we can execute them better I might change my mind but so far not so much..

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

What results? Do they average more, less or same other ny of yards as dive right, dive left?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Execution was lacking on the double reverse pass

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Wouldn’t Carrington have needed a receiver down field for it to have been a pass? Looked like Carrington just made a heads up play and got rid of the ball.

1 3

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

Southern cal disagrees with you. Just ran a flea flicker for 15 or so yards   And yes Utah can run these plays effectively 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The high school trick plays won’t work in the Pac-12