The OLine seems better these past few weeks, but why?

Viewing 4 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Just my opinion, and of course an attempt to toot my own horn. I mentioned it as a possible problem a few weeks  back. But the play calls seem to either be Runs or Passes, not too many RPOs.

I think being able to go all out on run plays has let the OLine get nasty and just push guys around. And on pass plays just worry about keeping a clean pocket. Without having to adjust to the QB leaving the pocket for possible pass, they don’t have to worry about beind down field after a delayed pass or which way the play is flowing.

Just my opinion, but the RPO should be the exception not the rule. I like the way the pass plays seem to allow for a natural progression left to right or right to left. These types of plays will be what eventually scores the points.

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

I hear you there. Whitt said in the post game interview that he thinks it’s guys starting to gel finally, and that he’s excited to return 4 of the 5 next year. Reps have to help for sure. 

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

I agree. Moss does much better when he knows he is getting the ball. Hopefully it stays like this. Also I was confident the Oline would gradually get better as the weeks went by.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Playing bad defenses in Colorado and UCLA, and Washington without key starters helps a lot…

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

They did look better against Washington, Colorado and UCLA. But they also got completely trashed against Wazzu

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Hercules gives them nightmares right now. Dude is a beast!!

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Why they allow demigods to play is beyond me. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The OLine seems better these past few weeks, but why?